Tortilla Chip Substitute?

Options
2»

Replies

• Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    I totally second that guiltless gourmet suggestion! All of them are delicious!
    Also, i enjoy me some salsa con queso now and then (not often).... fresh broccoli and cauliflower is really good dipped in it.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Tortilla chip substitute.... Tortilla chips! Yep, I take 3 La Favorita corn tortillas, cut them up into triangles, spray with olive oil pam and put under the broiler on high. Watch them closely as they will go from done to burnt quickly. Broil on the other side and ta-da... delicious!

I do this too. The other night I had some fat and calories to spare. so I brushed the triangles with olive oil, and I swear they were better than any bagged chips you could buy. :love:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    organic falafel chips
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Tortilla chip substitute.... Tortilla chips! Yep, I take 3 La Favorita corn tortillas, cut them up into triangles, spray with olive oil pam and put under the broiler on high. Watch them closely as they will go from done to burnt quickly. Broil on the other side and ta-da... delicious!

I do the same... and they are better than store bought chips! I sprinkle on some popcorn salt sometimes but they are really good unsalted as well. You can also bake at 350 or so if you are like me and get distracted while baking. :)
  • raven1114
    raven1114 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    make your own tortilla chips. take a corn tortilla and cut into 8 triangles, squeeze half a lime and a bit of sea salt onto them toss to coat and bake on 350 till crisp. 8 triangles would be 90 cals not to bad and should be enough to satisfy the craving.
  • kristy3119
    kristy3119 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    make your own tortilla chips. take a corn tortilla and cut into 8 triangles, squeeze half a lime and a bit of sea salt onto them toss to coat and bake on 350 till crisp. 8 triangles would be 90 cals not to bad and should be enough to satisfy the craving.

i do the same thing but using trader joes handmade whole wheat tortillas...not terribly low in calories but they get PERFECTLY crispy and are bigger than corn tortillas. they also make an amazing pizza crust!
  • canaussie
    canaussie Posts: 168 Member
    Options

I do this too. The other night I had some fat and calories to spare. so I brushed the triangles with olive oil, and I swear they were better than any bagged chips you could buy. :love:

I agree... I prefer these over any store bought chip now, nice and crunchy!