Locker Room

Options
Am I the only one that feels like the gym locker room is an exercise in humiliation?? I'm too old to be hiding in a bathroom to change, and only one butt cheek would fit into the locker itself so i can't crawl in there to hide and change. i sometimes end up going to the gym later at night then I really want to and as a result not sleeping well just to avoid as many people as possible. Is it just me?! I guess I have "issues" :p:)

Replies

• suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    That's why I work out at home! LOL
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    my gym is 2 minutes fom home so I don't even use the locker room other than to stowe my coat. I wear my workout gear there and then come home and shower. I even have a separate "gym" coat, that I can just throw in the washer, so my good wool coat doesn't get all sweaty and smelly LOL!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    My gym has changing rooms so when ever I see people changing in the outer room I am confused why they would want to do that.
  • sbear867
    sbear867 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I understand your dilemma. I get uneasy too, because I usually go straight from work. Honestly I just take a big breath in and try to change as quickly as possible while keeping my back to the people and front towards my locker. If anyone cares enough to judge my lumps they must live a fairly unsatisfing life if making inner notes on my short comings gives them pleasure. Screw 'em. No one is perfect.