Isopure users

Options
I've read a lot of good things about Isopure protein powder and since I'm almost finished with the brand of powder that I have, I'm thinking about trying Isopure. I've heard that the dutch chocolate and vanilla ones are good, but has anyone tried any other flavors? (Especially banana cream, mint chocolate chip, and cookies and cream? )

Thanks.

Replies

• qbanyto
    qbanyto Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow I hadn't had isopure since my highschool days. I would buy the unflavored one. Mix it with water and chug it down.
    I tried the vanilla one (0 carbs). It was tolerable.
  • thrashertm
    thrashertm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What is your criteria? Taste? Cost? Are you a bodybuilder?

For my post-workout protein shakes (only needed if you are lifting heavy to build muscle and eating a caloric surplus) - I use Dymatize Elite Whey Isolate. It's cheap and has good nutrition.

For a slow absorbing casein protein, I like Optimum Nutrition 100% Casein. It's thicker and is great in my mancake and oatmeal recipes.

Here's my pancake recipe - I eat it at least 3 days a week.

Sweet potato pancakes - these are so filling I can usually skip my morning snack.
    1/2 cup oatmeal (regular old fashioned, not instant)
    1/3 cup egg beaters
    2 heaping tbsp cottage cheese (1% or less)
    1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I have also found recently that chocolate powder is fine here, and surprisingly Optimum Nutrition Chocolate Casein protein yields an entire extra 3-4 pancakes because of how it mixes)
    1/2 cup of water or so, until batter become smooth
    I usually go for 2.5 oz of sweet potato, which is about 80 calories.
    blend it up and fry with no calorie olive oil spray. I put 1/2 cup of blueberries on it, and Walden Farms pancake syrup, nutmeg and cinnamon on top to flavor. I will also add 1/3 of a tbsp of cocoa powder, and some erythritol crystals on top.

377 calories for just the mancakes + sweet potato + cocoa powder calories are separate. Typically these are 80 and 10 calories respectively for me.

Quick breakfast oatmeal
    1/2 cup regular oatmeal
    1 tbsp natural peanut butter
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder (could probably sub vanilla and then add some cinnamon)
    2 tbsp cocoa powder (Herschey's Special Dark)
    387 calories with 33g of protein.

Alternate approach: on the oatmeal breakfast - Same ingredients, but instead don't cook the oatmeal. Instead, mix the other ingredients into a nice smooth goo. I use thick oats for extra chewy.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I know this topic is a little old but I have interest in Isopure also.

Anyone use their nature's best perfect zero carb isopure powder? Or what about the RTD's namely Nature's best isopure 20 oz bottles? They seem real pricy @ about $40 a 12 pack.

Any experiences? Gains?
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Anyone?!?!
  • gudiiya
    gudiiya Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have had this before...The Isopure mango and peach...with water and it tastes good, but I wanted to see if anyone else had tried any other flavors...I am almost done with the 3 pound jar I got a while ago...
  • celticgladiator
    celticgladiator Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i had a jar of some flavor like peaches and cream or something like that. it was awesome!! it doesnt clump at all.