In a bathing suit in one month!

Options
Hey Everyone,

I really need some motivation and support. I want to loose quite a bit of weight before. I was wondering if there was anyone out there who could give me some tips or advice on how they stayed positive while loosing weight. I am just finishing University for the summer so I will have more time. What are some of your best calories burning workouts?

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Make it fun for you!
    Bring a friend to the gym.
    Or an iPod.
    Find a machine that you LOVE. (For me, it's the stair-climber-runner-thingy.)
    It kicks my *kitten* but it feels sooooo good.
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    For me Jillian Michaels does it for me!! I love her Banish Fat and Boost Metabolims, No More Trouble Zones! So good and a great burn too!! I just ordered her 6 weeks to a 6 pack. I also love Bob his workouts are intense, great cardio burn there too!!! Good luck you can do it!!! Hope you have a Terrific Thursday!!
    ~Corina
  • aaronjarvis
    aaronjarvis Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If you seriously want to lose weight quick. Eat good small portions, run & swim. Swimming is one of the best exercises out there. Many people don't do it. I'm talking about actually doing laps & treading water. Good luck with your goals!
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My motivation is Zumba. I go 4 times a week, and do it for an hour. I have gained a wealth of new friends/family and information from everyone. We all help each other. We text each other to make sure we're eating and we have our "girls nights". It's all about finding something that you enjoy and doing it. Zumba IS a work out; however, to me, it's also an hour of dancing and having fun! And, we burn anywhere between 600 - 1000 calories in an hour!

From doing that since the first of the year, and eating better, I have already lost 25 pounds!

Good luck to you!
  • GinjaNinja1
    GinjaNinja1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I suggest to boost your metabolism you start eating 6 small snacks a day. By eating three large "square" meals per day, you body has learned to store nutrients and fat for extended periods of time. By eating 6 meals, your body gets used to a constant supply of food.
  • MkVsTheWorld
    MkVsTheWorld Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Cardio is truly the best way to fat-burn, in my opinion. I've lost over 40 pounds on running and tracking everything I eat. I also continue to eat almost everything I did before my "lifestyle change" and have yet to pay for a gym membership. With running, the world is your gym :-).

EDIT: I think my techniques may not be ideal for everyone. I think doing something aerobic with a friend and that is something that you enjoy doing would be ideal. Maybe a intramural sport or two? Like soccer, softball, etc.
  • rbrashe
    rbrashe Posts: 3
    Options
    I would say, eat small meals like 5 times a day. Watch what foods you put into your body, and also cleaners and personal products with a lot of chemicals; toxins can make you fat. Drink a lot of green tea with lemon. I like to keep exercise interesting... No need for a gymn memberships if you have "motivation". Get an exercise buddy (Who can out-work you), do fitness dvd's, and walk or run. Lot's of cardio! Stay active--and watch out for friends on the weekend... Some friends get envious of your changing physique--Nothing against anyone, but the more I lose the more certain friends wanna buy me a drink or offer me snackies. I also reward myself at milstones--new swim suit? More than you would usually spend?
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    For me Jillian Michaels does it for me!! I love her Banish Fat and Boost Metabolims, No More Trouble Zones! So good and a great burn too!! I just ordered her 6 weeks to a 6 pack. I also love Bob his workouts are intense, great cardio burn there too!!! Good luck you can do it!!! Hope you have a Terrific Thursday!!
    ~Corina

I'm getting the Jillian Michaels wii game tomorrow. I'm hoping it does a good job for me!
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    If you seriously want to lose weight quick. Eat good small portions, run & swim. Swimming is one of the best exercises out there. Many people don't do it. I'm talking about actually doing laps & treading water. Good luck with your goals!

LOVE SWIMMING! I try to swim once a week when I have the money. Its really great if you are sore from a previous workout as well!
  • livbiv6
    livbiv6 Posts: 18
    Options
    Thank you so much you guys! All of this is really great advice. I think I am defiantly going to invest in some work out DVDs! Huge fan of those, and love the Zumba classes! Thanks :D