Need advice on 1) eating exercise cals & 2) buying food scal

Options
Walked on treadmill for an hour today.

And then I had what feels like a Huge dinner (~650 cal) after a week and a half after eating 1200 cals per day. I feel sooo full!!! But in eating my excercise cals I needed to eat the 650 cals or so for dinner. I made beef shoulder, sauted onions/zuchini, and mashed cauliflower/mashed potatoes.

I used Smart Balance butter in the sauted veggies, and it made more than 2 servings, so I'm not sure how much I actually ate. I hate guessing my caloric intake when I cook for 2+. I'm so much better at eating pre-packaged foods with labels because the OCD part of me likes knowing that I'm not guessing my caloric intake.

Now I feel SO full and feel like I'm just estimating how many cals I just ate.

I need reassurance that eating exercise cals is okay, and advice on a food scale. Does anyone recommend buying one? I'm torn. I don't want to over-obsess over every single bite. This may result in feeling like a crazy person. But I also want to be accurate. Maybe it would teach me portions and I could relearn normal sized portions and eventually not have to use it?

I measured my wine tonight for the first time... I did it in secret because I didn't want to scare my hubbs. But I hate guessing!!! Anyone else dealing with this?

Replies

• north35
    north35 Posts: 70
    Options
    You are totally doing what you are suppose to do. Yes you are to eat your exercise calories and I would totally invest in a scale and measuring cups!! (I have both) In todays society, and huge portion, it's hard to "estimate". So go for it. Measure everything. It's not being crazy, it's being responsible for what is going in your mouth!
    Cheers
    North