When did you notice?

Options
I'm down about 5lbs, or so I think, (I think I need a new scale) and really the only difference I've noticed is that I moved up a belt hole in my work pants. So I was wondering, How much weight had you lost before you could look in the mirror and actually notice that your body had changed?

Replies

• beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I noticed at 10 pounds. Other people started noticing at 15.
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I can barely notice a difference at almost 28 pounds now, probably because I took so much time off. It is much more noticeable in photos though.
  • PoorGirlEatingHealthy
    Options
    I think it is different for everyone..height is a factor too! I could lose 10 lbs and no one would notice a thing because I am so tall, but if i was 5'2 i bet people would see a difference!
  • driscollmc
    Options
    i started noticing when my friends pointed out that i looked like i had lost weight. at that point i think i was at about 10 pounds, but personally, i still see myself as a work in progress, so i just the changes by my stamina at the gym. like today i did wall-sits for the first time in a while for a minute apiece, and my legs didn't shake at all for the first minute and a half, which is a HUGE difference for me. but, then again, as far as clothing goes, it was when my roommate commented that my pants look giant on me, which they did. i was just too stubborn to buy new ones hahaha :)
  • tiffloy
    tiffloy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started noticing after 10-15 pounds. Really wish I had taken my measurements when I started. But I have punched new holes in my belts and retired my fat pants. Now at 29 pounds lost and I feel it all over. I feel so much better!
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I am just starting to notice but had ppl tell me I look like I lost weight around 10 lbs. I took before pictures and measurements early on as well... its another way that I track my progress....
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    It's hard for me to notice on myself no matter how much I lose. . .taking pictures now and then on your journey for the purpose of comparing can sometimes help you really see the difference side by side. Congrats on your loss already. . .you're off to an amazing start!!
  • adjones_21
    adjones_21 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I think that it really depends on how big you were to begin with. I have lost 28 pounds and I can feel it but I dont see it.
  • mufiey
    mufiey Posts: 38
    Options
    we see ourselves every day so we don't notice as easy take a pic in the same cloths if possible(i do it once a month on the same day of the month) and start comparing them. compare the first to the second then the first t the third and so on. it will be much easier for you to see the difference than looking in the mirror. i promise its there