4-5-11 Biggest Loser...INSPIRATION

Options
Hi all,

Am just finishing watching the Biggest Loser, and as Courtney was leaving tonight, she made the statement that if there was one message she wanted to give to everyone who watches the show, it is that "You do not need to come to the Biggest Loser to lose weight. All you have to do is believe in yourself, trust the process, and take this journey one day at a time. Don't sit on the couch and watch the show anymore and watch all of us change our lives. Get up and do something for you. You can do it too, you really can, just believe in you and you will do it."

This coming from someone who has lost over 200 pounds total (she began at 435 pounds), and 113 on BL. What an inspiration for all of us.

She's definitely beautiful, inside and out.: smile:

Kaye

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I was crying as I watched it--great message--she really is an inspiration :)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I agree...I remember watching a special episode where (if I remember correctly) someone from BL came to her school and talked with her? Unless I'm mixing it up with something else...but even then I thought, that young woman is gonna change the world. I found her on Facebook...she has inspired SO many people!

also really admire Michael and Ashley from last season.

Ellen
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Gahh, I'm just watching it now. Still have 40 minutes left, but was checking forums during commerical break. Should have known better /sigh.
  • Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh you should've warned *spoiler alert!!!* I'm watching it right now....Pacific time...:) Now I'm sad, I love Courtney, she's done amazing even BEFORE she came on the show. I think she'll keep it up and be an absolute stunner by the finale!
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Ah, thank you for posting this. I myself don't watch the show but I do various workouts of Jillian's five to six days a week and have lost 50 pounds thus far through diet and exercise, and one of my coworkers watches The Biggest Loser and often talks to me about it. I would think she would be inspired to do something, but she has come close to saying that she needs to go on the show to lose weight--or needs to get bariatric surgery, because she feels like she can't do it on her own. I myself have told her something very similar to what you've quoted Courtney as saying. I can only hope that she finally takes that to heart, as my suggestions and encouragement is not enough.
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I really wanted Courtney to win the Biggest Loser. Maybe she will win the at home prize. She has already won all our hearts. Boy did I cry tonight, it was so sad. She is amazing!!! What an inspiration, what a kind heart.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    My apologies to those of you that I spoiled the ending for. :ohwell:

I didn't watch the first season or two of BL, because I thought, "How can that be a good show? Aren't they just making fun of overweight people?" And, of course, this was before I had lost any weight.

Now, it's an addiction!!:wink: I tape it.....and watch it when I can....or online. I often spend at least part of the show on my treadmill.

I think all of the contestants on this show are inspirational. This year, I've had a special interest in following Rulon Gardner, since he is a former Husker wrestler. It was even inspirational last night watching him admit how hard it is not to "reward" himself.

Have a good week everyone!!! Believe in yourself, trust the process, and you can do this too.
    Kaye