Respect Yourself

Options
Has anyone noticed that once you say the words "now I'm serious" everything converges against you?! It is amazing how people and events can really get in the way of your plans. I need some strategies for working around the 'interruptions." I don't have kids, so that's not the problem, but I do have family and friends and am very easily distracted. I have to admit, I like doing what I want and not necessarily what I need to do. Going out to lunch with friends or family versus working out? Yep, lunch will usually win out.

So, I guess doing what you should would be considered mature. Also doing what you NEED to do for yourself when you are SUPPOSED to do it would definitely be considered self respect. So, I need to respect myself enough to say, "That sounds good, but I have to do something good for me." I need to make a T-shirt out of that!

HW: 330
CW: 270
GW: 135

Replies

• ContinuousEffort
    Options
    I think you need to ask your friends and family for help. Maybe, a light lunch and then they go on a walk with you. Try to change the things you do to socialize with family and friends, make it less about food. Actually, writing about it, I also need to work on this. Thanks for your post it's got me thinking.