Puzzled

talzybob
talzybob Posts: 80
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
Hey I am wondering if any body can help me.

I used to be a huge eater, hense why i need to lose weight but i have a problem. I have been eating the rights foods properly now for well over a year, and i still have my little treats every now and then, but looking at what i eat I am always well below my daily intake of calories every day. Since i was ill in december and i was ill for well over a month, i havent been able to eat a proper sized meal. In fact what i eat amounts to childs portion because me body is telling me i am always full, then I am hungry again about an hour or two later. So i snack on something like fruit or ryvita, because if i dont i get sick and dizzy. .

I am stuck on what to do. The doctor says there is nothing wrong and that what i eat should be filling me up. Is it possible that my metabolism is speeding up, if so what should i do because I cant keep going like this even though it is inadvertently helping me lose the weight. Id like to eat a proper portioned adult meal and not need to eat soon afterwards.

Replies

• randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    i think you should get a second opinion from another doctor.

Also of course your apetite would have shrank due to your illness, but as long as you snack healthy and get all the nutrients you need then there shouldnt be a problem? Personally i eat 5 small meals a day instead of 3 main meals and then maybe a snack in the evening if im still hungry.

I really do think you should get a proper health check just to rule anything out x
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    I agree, I'd get a second opinion.

On the other hand, it might be WHAT you are eating, not necessarily the portion size, that might be causing it.....what does a typical day of intake look like for you?
  • talzybob
    talzybob Posts: 80
    Hi ladies.

well I eat plenty of passta, jackets potatoes and meals like spag boll and lasagne. Today as an example I had shredded wheat and a few rich tea with my cuppa at breakfast, apple for a snack, lunch was crisp bread tomatoes and spicy grilled chicken breast and my evening meal was a homemade puff pastry pizza, I had a quarter of it becuase it turned out to bigger than planned with some grilled veggies followed by a low fat yoghurt and my treat was a dr reconmended amount of chocolate. The pizza had ham tomatoes and proper mozzerella on it.

I do have takeaway ev now n then which fill me up but then I get the same issue.

Does this help?
This discussion has been closed.