MFP Tri?

Options
So I tried to start a swimming one of these and basically found out that most swimmers on the site are like me - triathletes who swim two or three times a week. I've also found that there seem to be a lot of tri people out there, so I figured even though I haven't even ever done a race, that's what I'm training for and we probably all need some motivation for all three legs... so here's my first post. Anybody is welcome to join who has interest in the tri sports.

Ran 2 miles today in 25 minutes. It's the best I've ever done. Hoping to get in the pool at some point tomorrow - maybe I can drag myself out of bed for it... we'll see how that goes. Good luck everyone!

Replies

• bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    Options
    So I tried to start a swimming one of these and basically found out that most swimmers on the site are like me - triathletes who swim two or three times a week. I've also found that there seem to be a lot of tri people out there, so I figured even though I haven't even ever done a race, that's what I'm training for and we probably all need some motivation for all three legs... so here's my first post. Anybody is welcome to join who has interest in the tri sports.

Ran 2 miles today in 25 minutes. It's the best I've ever done. Hoping to get in the pool at some point tomorrow - maybe I can drag myself out of bed for it... we'll see how that goes. Good luck everyone!
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I love training for my tri's. I did the Olympic distance last October. THis September I'm doing the 1/2 Ironman! I can't wait. I just did my 50K run, at the end of August I have a 100 mile bike and then the big race! Ready to keep training!!! Good lukc, you can do it!
  • ps2hodges
    ps2hodges Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been doing tri for several years now, more training than races. Started out doing 4 to 5 races a year, now down to one a year. It is a good motivator to get up early and run. I am trying MFP to lose some weight, which I hope will get me faster. I am comfort carrying around my weight. It makes me largest and last in my age group. Thanks for your message. :laugh: