"One phone call from our knees"

Options
Last week a co-worked and friend asked if I could pick up a shift for her because she was having some back issues. Of course I could I told her I would and said I hope you feel better. Today I received news that her absences would be extended due to findings on her MRI. She is a breast cancer survivor in remission for 2 and half years, for those who have known someone like her understand that the word survivor doesn’t always coincide with being cured.

There are times in our lives when we say thing but don’t always hear what is said and that was the case when I told her I hoped she’d feel better. Those words just came out like a recording with out any meaning, had I known what the doctors were going to find on her MRI I may have said something different.

I believe that God places people in our lives to learn from, to nurture, love, rejoice, cry, and pray with and as a believer I know that we are put here for one another. It is hard sometimes to see the blessings in ours lives until we are face down without answers. We are created with the ability to make choices in life and although we don’t understand all life’s questions there is someone who does.

My up bringing was not very healthy and I have seen and been through some very traumatic things in my life and I know that these things have made me the women, mother, and wife I am today. At the time I didn’t understand why I was facing them but I know now why….for me it was to realize that life isn’t always going to be easy and when things get difficult and I can no longer rely on my own strength I have a God who will carry me through.

Just wanted to share this with you and remind myself to get down on my knees from time to time.

Replies

• missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Will be praying for your friend! Thanks for sharing I think we all need this reminder from time to time!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's so sad! @ least you picked up her shift so that was a good thing that you did for her. Thanx for posting, this is a real eye opener.
  • ajax03
    ajax03 Posts: 96
    Options
    This is so true! God is just amazing like that, isn't He? Thanks for sharing with us and reminding us of just that, this day! Said a prayer for your friend, too! Please keep us posted!
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Wow ! This is so true ! And we all need to be reminded about praying to god from time to time ! I will be praying for your friend !
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I talk with Him daily and will remember you and your friend. God is good, His will be done :flowerforyou:
  • KKButter
    KKButter Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    thank you for posting...I really needed a reminder,thanks again :flowerforyou:
  • SoFancySoBlessed
    SoFancySoBlessed Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    What an awesome testimony! Blessing to your friend and praying for her speedy recovery. :heart: This is something that we can all meditate on and thank God for our good health. :bigsmile:
  • karlahall
    Options
    Reading this has really blessed my soul, and you are so right!! Your friend will be in my prayers!!