Weight training people question?

Options
alright I have a question, first I am a primal eater(lean meats, low carb, good fats, no grains) I go to the gym 3x a week for weights and cardio after and I stay in my macros almost everyday except the day after the gym, I workout at night so by the next day more in the afternoon I am starving!!! I mean really not in my head and yes my muscles are sore, so should I just eat more or have a protein shake or should I look at upping my macros the day I go to the gym will that help. I always have a protein shake after my workout with dextrose so it can go very quickly to repair my muscle I only use 10g dextrose and being female I thought that would be enough. I am not lacking energy just hungry. Any suggestions?

Replies

• GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what primal eating is... does that include nuts like almonds? I find that I need a certain amount of fat to feel full. A handful of pre-workout almonds really does wonders for me.

I also start to load up early the day AFTER a workout with a more substantial breakfast then my normal Oatmeal and Fruit.
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I would aim for 25g of protein per meal/snack... This way you won't be as hungry in the PM. I see in your diary that you eat little protein before lunch... This could be the hunger that's coming about in the afternoon.
  • larisadixon
    larisadixon Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i would add another protien drink somewhere on your diet throughout the day. I take in no less than 80% of my body weight in protien a day, and it really helps with those cravings...i weight train 5 dyas a week.
  • lady_daraine
    Options
    I agree from looking at your diary that you need more protein, and I'd suggest getting some more right before or right after your work out. Also, is the chicken a daily thing for you? I'd get a little more fish and beef in. I know the beef is higher calorie, but chicken is pretty high in Omega 6, so basing your diet off of it isn't such a good idea. Plus, I know that I feel fuller after eating beef; it's one of the changes I made and it really helped.
  • danipals
    danipals Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you've been on MarksDailyApple if you are into the Primal Blueprint lifestyle. The forum there is a really good place for questions like this. The people there are pretty hard core and while some take it to the extreme (imo) there is a lot of good info there!
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You know that I'm also Primal and I try to have around my weight in Protein. You've been to www. Marksdailyapple.com? There is alot of info regarding this topic. Mark Sisson wrote the Primal Blueprint and this website is loaded with info.

It's amazing how low you keep your carbs. I'm around 125.

Let me know how you make out.
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I will try more protein in the am and more in general, and yes I will try to eat more beef or bison.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Do you do dairy? I try and do primal as much as possible but I have dairy. If so try some cottage cheese before bed, this is what I usually have in the evenings. It has casein in it which makes it VERY slow digesting. If not I am sure you can just do a casein shake too, same deal.