?Low-Cal Recipe for Rice Pudding?

Options
heartshapdworld
heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
I was hoping someone could help a girl out: :love: I LOVE rice pudding...does anyone have a great receipe for a low-cal receipe that tastes great?

Thanks,
Gina

Replies

• heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I was hoping someone could help a girl out: :love: I LOVE rice pudding...does anyone have a great receipe for a low-cal receipe that tastes great?

Thanks,
    Gina
  • jbeasinger
    jbeasinger Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sorry i don't have a recipe BUT i just wanted to say I HOPE SOMEONE DOES!! I LOVE rice pudding.:love: and that would be Awesome to be able to have it more often!!:wink:
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    jello came out with a sugar free rice pudding cups 70 cals each. they taste pretty good.
  • staceyg
    staceyg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Creamy Rice Pudding
    4 Cups milk (2% - or if you're lactose intolerant like me use Lactaid Milk)
    1/2 cup Safeway Brand Short Grain Pearl Rice
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 egg
    1 tsp Vanilla extract
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/3 cup granulated sugar
    In a deep saucepan over medium heat, bring rice, milk and salt to a boil. Reduce heat to low heat, cover and simmer gently stirring frequently to prevent scorching for 30 minutes or until rice is tender. Or use a double boiler over boiling heat for 45 minutes. When rice is soft, mix egg and sugar in a small bowl until blended. Stir 1/2 cup of the cooked rice into the sugar/egg mixture. Stir the egg mixture into the rice. Cook over low heat or boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until thickened slightly. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Pour into serving dishes and sprinkle with cinnamon or add raisins if you like. Makes 6 servings.
    Each serving:
    195 Calories
    4.1 g fat
    8.5 g protein
    55 g carbs
    And it's REALLY tasty!!
    Enjoy!!
    Stacey