Has your weekly weight loss been consistent or spotty?

melsinct
melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
Just curious...I am steadily losing but the amount is all over the place. I started MFP in February and have noticed a pattern. I will lose about 1 pound a week, then there will be a week where the scale doesn't move, then on the third week BAM! I am down two pounds. This cycle has pretty much been going on since I started MFP, save for the initial 3 pound in 1 week weight loss drop (water weight) from when I started. Don't get me wrong, I am happy that I am losing between 1-2 pounds per week on average, it is just strange the way my body lets go of the excess poundage.

So are your weekly losses consistent or is anyone else all over the place?

Replies

• asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Its been spotty...and sporadic...and maddening quite honestly.
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    This is exactly my pattern :) I just accepted it and was happy that within a month I would lose at least 4-5 lbs :) It's the 'big picture' that matters :)
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Hey mine are quite all over the place as well. I keep a record! but when im at curves they weigh me and the first month was 8 pounds and then I asked to be weighed again after 2 weeks and it was 4 pound so its totally even 2 pounds a week xxx

Week 1: 213.8 - 209(-4.8)
    Week 2: 209 - 205.6 (-3.4)
    Week 3: 205.6 - 204.6 (-1)
    Week 4: 204.6 - 203.4 (-1.2)
    Week 5: 203.4 - 200 (-3.4)
    Week 6: 200 - 201.4 (+1.4)
    Week 7: 201.4 - 198.6 (-2.8)
    Week 8: 198.6 - 199 (+0.4)
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    I'm the same way . In fact I just posted on my home page that I didn't lose any this last wk. Last weigh in I had lost 2 1/2 lbs. I've lost 16 lbs since the last of Jan.and I'm proud of that especially since I am an older lady. I guess the all over picture is the main thing.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    My pattern has been lose 3lbs gain 2, lose 4lbs gain 2, its maddening!
    Right now I'm up 2lbs after making it through my period and wedding shower without gaining, today I gain for no reason at all!
    Well it could be because I haven't pooped since Saturday but it's still so frustrating!
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Looking at the big picture its steady and where I want it to be. Week by week its up and down.
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Mine has been like that, too. First I'm down two lbs a week, then I hold steady, then I drop 3.5 to 4. What is cool is to check out the MFP report, it shows a steady decline...kinda like my 401K. You should pull yours up since you will likely see what looks like a downward stairchase.

Although there is bound to be some bumpiness, I have found that my loss is also at the mercy of female hormone cycles and sodium intake.
  • namrettik
    namrettik Posts: 127
    Mine yo-yos a pound. I was at 147 for two days, and this morning, 148. It happens. Varying things like water weight (sodium and sore muscles can affect this), what you've eaten and how dense it was, etc.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    What is cool is to check out the MFP report, it shows a steady decline...kinda like my 401K.

Hahahaha :bigsmile:

I love looking at the report and seeing the downward trend-it keeps me motivated! I know we should look at big picture, and I am, but it is so strange how the body works. Logically, you would think by doing the same thing (calories and exercise) day in and day out there would be some rhyme or reason to it!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    You are female.... our bodies have their own agenda. Female bodies never run logically. :ohwell: Sometimes I think they just act wierd to spite our brains and to frustrate the hell out of us. :grumble: Embrace the insanity that is female or go crazy...

:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.