Food Detectives

Options
magichatter06
magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
Did any one catch the new series Food Detectives, it's on the Food Network Channel???

I have to say, it was rather informative.:smile:

First off, the only thing to relieve the "pain" from spicy food is milk. Soda and Beer and Water being the worst and bread was 2nd choice. That is why they put dairy products such as sour cream or bleu cheese with spicy foods!

2nd, the 5 second rule....FALSE...there is bacteria left on food even when its on any surface (desk, or floor). The 3 foods were candy, shrimp and a french fry. The candy; however, had the lowest bacteria growth on it. No more 5 second rule for me! :grumble:

3rd, Celery can be considered as a negative calorie food, to some extent, noting that to begin with it only has about 8 calories.

Replies

• magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Did any one catch the new series Food Detectives, it's on the Food Network Channel???

I have to say, it was rather informative.:smile:

First off, the only thing to relieve the "pain" from spicy food is milk. Soda and Beer and Water being the worst and bread was 2nd choice. That is why they put dairy products such as sour cream or bleu cheese with spicy foods!

2nd, the 5 second rule....FALSE...there is bacteria left on food even when its on any surface (desk, or floor). The 3 foods were candy, shrimp and a french fry. The candy; however, had the lowest bacteria growth on it. No more 5 second rule for me! :grumble:

3rd, Celery can be considered as a negative calorie food, to some extent, noting that to begin with it only has about 8 calories.