Somebody FINALLY noticed my weight loss!

Options
2»

Replies

• carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    Options
    Congrats, that means you are doing a great job!

I know exactly what you feel since just this morning my boss asked me the same thing! :)
  • Bonnie1974
    Options
    That's the best feeling when your trying so hard, and someone notices. Congrats keep it up :)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    my weightloss efforts were finally noticed as well on Saturday. I went to work at a salon I work at PT and hadn't seen a few co-workers in a while. They were all telling me how great i looked and asked how I was doing it. I was so happy inside. It makes you feel really good and gives you the motivation to keep it up!!!

Congrats to you as well!

I wasn't putting much stock in what others thought as I started doing MFP but I would be lying if I said it doesn't feel good! :blushing: It certainly gave my motivation a boost.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    It's nice when someone who knows you're trying to lose weight comments, but it means SO SO SOOOOO much more when someone who had no idea comments about your weightloss!!!! I had this experience a couple weeks ago =)
  • RobertV1452
    RobertV1452 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Keep it up!
  • butterfly3747
    Options
    Wow.. what an amazing feeling :-)
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    First … Why are you apologizing??? That's outstanding! CONGRATS on the loss and enjoy that feeling … it will be the first of many many milestones.

Second: Wise words of advice from my personal trainer, who is also a body builder and still competing (and placing) at almost 59 years old: "Do or Do Not … there is no 'try'."

You are down 14 pounds – that means that YES, you ARE "getting skinny" (that is doing, not trying) :) You only attain success through doing - the word "try" is simply a pre-cursor to an action or an expected result. Trying doesn't actually get results, it's the "doing" that is getting you those great results, so proudly tell anyone who notices "Yes, I am getting skinny"! :) NICE JOB!!
  • kruda
    kruda Posts: 2
    Options
    Congratulations! What a wonderful feeling and accomplishment!
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • eandrus
    eandrus Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I spent the weekend with family I hadn't seen since Christmas and no one noticed I had lost weight (started MFP on Jan 1). However, one relative saw me wearing a blue blouse and said, "Wow! That's your color"! Another saw me and said, "You did something to your hair -- is it lighter, what? Looks great" (My hair has been exactly the same for years and years." So, I guess they noticed *something."
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!