Finally out of PLATEAUville..

Options
I was sinking fast there. It was funny cause my first 2 weeks bam 10 pounds off. The next 2 weeks were like trying to swim through quick sand. Then someone said "OH YEAH YOU'VE JUST HIT YOUR PLATEAU." Well I tried to pack my bags as quick as possible and get the heck outta there, didn't work. I was a bit sad. BUT now I'm back on track. And weighed in on Monday I was almost at my 20 pound mark 18.5 to be exact. Yesterday I weighed in and bam another pound off (19.5 pounds). Today I weighed in and BOOM another pound off (20.5 pounds). YAY ME! Just thought I'd share my story.

AND NOW THAT I'VE SAID THAT I'M SURE I'VE JUST JINXED MYSELF COMPLETELY! smh :ohwell:

Replies

• rileymax07
    rileymax07 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great work!!! I've been in plateuville for 3 weeks... and I hate it!!!! :)
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Over a month plateau for me, finally jump started a day or 2 ago.. Hoping it will be downhill for awhile for me now..
    Congrats on your weight loss, keep moving down the scale..
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Yay! I freakin hate plateaus!
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Was there for 5 weeks and I did it...got out of it last week and moving forward. Did a sneak peak at the scale today and still moving forward and losing very well. Just had to mix things up a bit for me...my problem was that I was eating all my exercise cals back - apparently that doesn't work for me. I found that I needed to find out what works best for me and not listen to anyone else telling me what I'm doing wrong. :flowerforyou: Congrats to you!! Doesn't it feel great?!?!?!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I love it...! Great work :flowerforyou: Congrats!
  • ramius
    ramius Posts: 91
    Options
    Thats great -- Did you do anything different to break out of the pleateau?? or did you just keep on keeping on with what you were doing.. Just wondering as I know everyone hits this at some point
  • katiemeridien
    Options
    I've been eating my exercise calories back and definitely think it's keeping me in plateauville. I plateaued around 145 but i keep going back and forth between 137-141 now.. today I'm going to start trying to keep a lower net cals for the day and see if that starts to work in my favor.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have been there for about a month now and it is ticking me off. I have upped things this week and hope this works to get off this thing.
  • IdaMoreno38
    IdaMoreno38 Posts: 105
    Options
    I didn't do anything different. If anything any other time that I've tried to lose weight at that same point I would have quit all together, but as you say I KEPT KEEPING ON! All that hard work would have gone down the drain.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I've platueaued for 2 weeks+ now. It's getting frustrating. I switched a few things up this week (exercise routine, calories, no alcohol... ) and I think it might be working. Finally down a pound yesterday.

What do you think you did to get out of it? Or did you just keep on keepin on? Thanks for sharing!
  • carlsonrobb
    carlsonrobb Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Me too. Started eating more last week and it's falling off. I'm gonna ride this train as long as I can! I hope it lasts 10 more pounds but I don't think I'm that lucky!
  • 123Jude
    123Jude Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i am coming into the 4th week of plateauville and its really doin my head in !! how do you bust out of it?! x
  • Robinone
    Robinone Posts: 6
    Options
    Congratulations to you for your strong and steady progress...........very inspirational for a sluggo like me - but I am getting back on track and hearing your success story help me to stay motivated Thanks for share and have a fabulous day:)
    Robin:smile:
  • IdaMoreno38
    IdaMoreno38 Posts: 105
    Options
    Key point: DO NOT GIVE UP!
    It's a test, kick it's *kitten*! (Excuse my language.)
    and KEEP ON KEEPING ON!
  • cfmusgrove
    cfmusgrove Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Interesting.... I've seen lots of posts saying you must eat your exercise calories back so not to go into starvation mode, break down muscle, and gain fat as soon as you eat more.... but it seems like people on this string say that was causing a plateau for them..... confused. :-/
  • meaghan1909
    Options
    Any suggestions for getting out of a weight loss plateau? I've lost 20 pounds before I started using this site and I think this will help me continue to lose eventually, but I'm stuck at this weight right now! Help!
  • amo13
    amo13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I plateaued the whole month of March - super discouraging except that I also measured myself, so when the scale wasn't moving, it was nice to at least see something changing (even if it wasn't a lot). Glad to hear you have over-come it. I am hoping April will be different for me! Good work, keep it up!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!