Intiminated....

Options
I see a lot of people doing p90x and achieving amazing results. I've heard about it for a while and actually bought it. It's still sitting in my closet collecting dust. Why am I scared to start p90x? I've been in the military for 9 years and served in Afghanistan, so why am I intimidated of trying p90x? I don't get it...

Replies

• crystal10584
    Options
    for me... I'd be so scared I'm that one person it wouldn't work on... only reason I never got it or borrowed it from a friend.
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    In the famous words of nike.... "JUST DO IT!" :-)
  • ITSSODAMNHOT
    ITSSODAMNHOT Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people doing p90x and achieving amazing results. I've heard about it for a while and actually bought it. It's still sitting in my closet collecting dust. Why am I scared to start p90x? I've been in the military for 9 years and served in Afghanistan, so why am I intiminated of trying p90x? I don't get it...

Just start the first DVD. Get it out right now and put the first DVD in. Take it one day at a time. I have faith in you.

"Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power.”
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    i'm intimidated by it too... i think it's the number "90" for me... it seems like such a huge (& long) commitment... i just completed jillian michael's ripped in 30... & could probably do 3 rounds of it back 2 back (equaling 90 days)... but that 30 just doesn't sound as harsh as the 90...

maybe try 2 think abt it in 3 sections... so ur doing P30X three times!! lol!!
  • latingiggles
    Options
    Sorry, apparently I can't spell either! But thanks ya'll...maybe one day I will JUST DO IT...
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people doing p90x and achieving amazing results. I've heard about it for a while and actually bought it. It's still sitting in my closet collecting dust. Why am I scared to start p90x? I've been in the military for 9 years and served in Afghanistan, so why am I intiminated of trying p90x? I don't get it...

Maybe it's the pre-test to see if you are ready for it. I did some of the testing and then said: "the heck with that" and jumped right in.

It kicks my butt to be sure but you can press stop whenever you want as often as you want and take as many breaks as you want and then when you are ready 'Just push play'.

It's a great workout and they show you several ways to do each exercise that runs the ranges from beginner to seasoned pro.

I would say blow the dust off that thing and do it! You won't regret it...
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    In the famous words of nike.... "JUST DO IT!" :-)

agreed.

It's not too bad. A lot of it is mental. Getting through a high rep routine can be tough.
  • dawnyl25
    dawnyl25 Posts: 16
    Options
    Sorry, apparently I can't spell either! But thanks ya'll...maybe one day I will JUST DO IT...

you were in the military... you will be fine. the hardest thing is to get started but once you do you will love it. it a really good pace and Tony will keep you laughing through your workout. its a ton of fun and great cal burner. im intiminated by the fact you were in the military im sure you could kick my butt and i do P90X. lol
  • annoz
    annoz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The workouts are not that bad- you go at your own pace with what weights work best for you. I only did 2 months because I got bored and since I didn't follow the eating portion I didn't get great results, but I liked the workouts.
  • DucatiKing
    Options
    i agree, i think its the 90 day commitment, i've a copy of the dvds also that are currently collecting dust...... i agree w/the above post...... we should "just do it"