Ever gotten sick after a workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    The water seems to be an antogonist if not the root cause based on other replies but if not, consider -

Did you eat this morning before your workout?
    What did you eat? (fast burning carbs or complex carbs and proteins)
    If so, how much time did you wait after you ate?
    If not, you could be pushing your body too hard during a fast - remember you haven't eaten all night and now you're demanding emergency action (HIIT) with no fuel to run on.
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Shoot I did this about 2 weeks ago, I ran 10 miles and got home felt awesome took a long shower and about 20 min later decided to eat. I had some chocolate milk and immediately regretted it....I couldn't eat or even move for the next 4 hours.

I'm fairly sure I was to dehydrated from my run screwed with my body.
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Tammy, as a fitness trainer I would strongly advise you not to consume so much water during a workout. About 4-6 ounces prior and after and small sips in between. Small sips can add up to 500 ml though. However too much water will most definitely make you puke, even on an empty stomach.
  • NOLA_Meg
    NOLA_Meg Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I would look into information about long-distance running and stomach troubles- there are a lot of factors at play - water, fiber, carbs, protein, heat, heart rate, blood sugar, medicines you are taking, vitamins you may be missing, etc
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    only time i feel sick after working out is if i dont eat before i work out.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    only time i feel sick after working out is if i dont eat before i work out.