Hear me out now.

Options
I'm in need of some new friends and people to hangout with? Don't get wrong I have great friends, but they just don't like things that support healther living. Like going out to eat always pluckers or taco place, never Jason Deli I always get out voted. And going to movies is always late showing, which kills my 5am workout. And god forgive if we do something like kayaking or go to the park.

Oh yeah I live in Lockhart,Texas 20 miles from Austin and 14 miles from San Marcos, So anyone around those places.
I know this is kinda strange, but never know till ya try.

Replies

• trish1960
    trish1960 Posts: 39
    Options
    I think this is an ok idea. I live in Rogers, AR and I love to tent camp, canoe and/or kayak. I would like to find some friends that enjoy this type of activity.
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm in Austin, though I since I work, don't have a maid, and have two small kids and a hubby to fuss with I can't say that I have much time to devote to hanging out. I can't remember the last time I went and saw a movie!!! But, I do have some ideas for you. You might try meet ups for Lockart, or in Austin for more options. www.meetup.com Its a site entirely devoted to people with similar interests who geographically close to meet up. I just looked up "fitness" and Lockart and found a meet up on April 12 for the Central Texas Fit Club. In San Marcos the Social Club for singles in the 25-30something range has regular meetups that involve fitness, outdoors, and nightlife stuff..... Good luck - finding solid friendships that serve you becoming a better person is worth the effort! :)
  • dkrioux
    dkrioux Posts: 144
    Options
    I am in Austin... Chels, great idea! I have never heard of MeetUp... there are times I do things at random that are outdoors and well, It would be nice to meet people with similar interests.