What doers the red/green numbers mean on the food diary?

Options
Brewz
Brewz Posts: 10 Member
I have started my food diary today, and at the bottom it shows you how many calories you have remaining. This is my log so far...

Your Daily Goal 1,370 188 46 51

Totals 923 256 28 61

Remaining 447 -68 18 -10
Calories Carbs Fat Protein

What does it mean if my carbs and fats are red and a minus? Does this mean i am under my allowed amountor already over?

Thanks for any help with this.

Calv.

Replies

• hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    When they are red you have gone over your numbers.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You carbs target for each day is 188. You actually consumed 256. So that was 68 g over your allowance. (Shown in red like an overdrawn amount would be given on some bank statments)
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    When they are red you have gone over your numbers.

this.
    If you go over your target, it turns red.
  • tvman802
    tvman802 Posts: 5
    Options
    Red light Green Light.
    If its green, you still have that many remaining.
    If its red you have gone over your recommended daily allowance on that item.
    Don't worry to much about it, unless it is consistently over or significantly over (red). If it is then you should alter your diet to change that number back to green (under).
    Example, Smart Ones and Lean Cuisine have more calories than some Banquet meals, but Banquet is off the charts on sodium, some of their meals have more than your entire daily allowance.

Good Luck
  • Brewz
    Brewz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the quick replies, good job i asked as i was stumped why my carbs were so high when i'd not eaten many today.

Turns out the nutritional info for my red salmon was wrong,,,,,it was saying it was the same as the calories for it! I've ammended the info and i'm back under.

Thank you again.

Calv.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Alwasy worth checking if something looks too high! I had to correct something on the database last week, that had 500g carbs in one cracker, lol!
  • Macjay63
    Macjay63 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Why are my Accupedo steps counted as minus calories, eg today Goal 1670. Food 1477. Exercise 285. -92calories remaining?