Something inspiring or something funny...

Options
Woodman725
Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
Thought I would share some of my favorite quotes. I keep them in a file and love to find new good ones. Anyone have ones they like???

“In the end, everything will be okay. If it isn’t okay - it isn’t the end.” --Unknown

“If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.” – Unknown

You can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle four things: a rainy day, the elderly, lost luggage and tangled Christmas tree lights.

"Those who think they can and those who think they can’t are both right." - Unknown

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."
- Will Rogers

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out."
- Robert Collier

"If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough"
-Albert Einstein

"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared."
- Eddie Rickenbacker (American fighter Ace pilot WWI)

Replies

• eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    "pain is weekness leaving the body. its not how much more you can take but how much more you can give. Just when you are ready to give up, your mind says push harder. you listen, sensing an inner strength that wasn't there before. Soon you discover you no longer feel the pain. now you are one of us"

US Marines

Love this quote, cause makes me feel like a badass;)
  • eleanoreb
    Options
    Also:

"anyone can train when they feel like it. Only champions train when they dont" unknown
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    I love quotes & these are some really good ones! I'm going to save this to have for later. .thanks for posting!

One of my favorites:
    "You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there"
  • lilscotslass
    Options
    Love the 'If you can't be kind at least have the decency to be vague!' but I'm not a big motivational quotes person, so I'm afraid mine's a bit stupid: 'If practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, why practice?' - Unknown
  • light1980
    light1980 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My all time favorite quote:

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."--Ralph Waldo Emerson!! :-)
  • Jb8885
    Jb8885 Posts: 126
    Options
    Love your quotes, super motivating :) I've personally always used the good old one " If it doesnt kill me, it'll make me stronger" lol...sometimes at the gym i feel like im ready to die..so i have to say to that to myself
  • inheart
    inheart Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    "Never argue with an idiot they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experiance" unknown

But seriously my favorite "Luck is when perparation meets opportunity" Ben Franklin.
  • Diannerv
    Diannerv Posts: 195
    Options
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."-- Self Pity by DH Lawrence.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I keep this picture by my desk. Inspires me to go work out even when I don't want to. :smile:

1263250415_sarah.jpg
  • Diannerv
    Options
    "All your life you are told the things you cannot do. All your life they will say you're not good enough or strong enough or talented enough; they will say you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly. AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES." - Nike
  • Diannerv
    Options
    I love this one, I have some on sticky notes around my mirror in my bathroom. This is getting added. :bigsmile:
    "pain is weekness leaving the body. its not how much more you can take but how much more you can give. Just when you are ready to give up, your mind says push harder. you listen, sensing an inner strength that wasn't there before. Soon you discover you no longer feel the pain. now you are one of us"

US Marines

Love this quote, cause makes me feel like a badass;)
  • Woodman725
    Options
    My all time favorite quote:

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."--Ralph Waldo Emerson!! :-)

Love Emerson, this one is great.
  • Woodman725
    Options
    This one is at my gym (it's a boxing fitness gym)

I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." Muhammad Ali

Some of my other favorites:

"You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty."
    - Sacha Guitry

"When you encounter seemingly good advice that contradicts other seemingly good advice, ignore them both."
    - Al Franken

"For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three."
    - Alice Kahn

It is curious--curious that physical courage should be so common in the world, and moral courage so rare.
    - Mark Twain

"Given a choice between two theories, take the one which is funnier."
    - Blore's Razor

"I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it."
    - Mae West

“If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.”
    -Unknown
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    All Bleeding Stops. Eventually.

Stupid Should Hurt; but not forever.

It's Not The Years, It's The Miles

There's More to Living than Being Alive

Sometimes The Hardest Thing and The Right Thing Are The Same

Every Day Above Ground is a Good Day

Those are my faves,
    Ted
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I keep this picture by my desk. Inspires me to go work out even when I don't want to. :smile:

1263250415_sarah.jpg

LOVE this. thanks for sharing!
  • armywife121110
    Options
    Love all the qoutes, thx!!
  • Woodman725
    Options
    A few more...

"There is no stigma attached to recognizing a bad decision in time to install a better one."
    - Laurence J. Peter

"I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time."
    - Herbert Bayard Swope

"Well done is better than well said."
    - Theodore Rosevelt

"There is no monument dedicated to the memory of the committee."
    -Lester J. Pourciau

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
    - Carl Sagan

"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."
    - Elbert Hubbard

"All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure."
    - Mark Twain
  • eleanoreb
    Options
    thanks for all the great quotes and picture!!

I also really like "no one has ever drown in their own sweat"

and

"The road to success has many tempting parking spots"
  • Woodman725
    Options
    I love quotes & these are some really good ones! I'm going to save this to have for later. .thanks for posting!

One of my favorites:
    "You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there"

I like this one. It kinda hits home for me. My dad is there and just loves to try to drag everyone down in the water with him. I just realized I quoted a quote of someone who quoted a quote.
  • light1980
    light1980 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine sent me this quote and I just had to share it:

"Happiness is like jam. Can't spread it around without getting a little bit on yourself"

It put a smile on my face :-)