Starvation Mode on Biggest Loser

Options
2»

Replies

• kimeister
    kimeister Posts: 212
    Options
    I feel like this might be based on your workout intensity and the amount of weight you have to lose.

I hit mine after three weeks of dramatically increased workouts (intensive mobility stretching, weight lifting & cardio). Before starting a workout plan I was losing 1.5-2 pounds per week. After I began going to the gym 4 days a week and yoga on the fifth day, I plateaued for two weeks before I increase my calories and focused on increase protein intake, and I started to lose again.

Since leaving my plateau, my weight losses are now generally .2-.6 pounds per week. I do pay attention to the scale, but not overly much. I'm pretty focused on determining my success based on measurements now. Buying a smaller size in pants beats a number on the scale any day of the week in my book!

Shows like Biggest Loser perpetuate myths like 'It's all about weight', but it's just not true. IMO, if a show like that were truly focused on health, they'd be taking measurements, not weights, to determine "winners."