Ways Your Body Says...GREAT JOB!

Options
SeasideOasis
SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
When we are calories counting, or in my case, trying to overhaul how we eat entirely, we expect to see certain results.

1.) Smaller scale numbers
2.) Smaller clothing sizes

I think we forget to look at the unsung changes our body is making.

Ive always been the one in the family with the horrible fingernails (brittle, always breaking, not discolored, but not exactly the pretty perfect white either). Everyone else got their natural superstar nails just through DNA (no seriously, Im like the ugly duckling of fingernails). However, since beginning to track my food and make healthy choices, Im no longer the odd man out on having naturally very pretty fingernails (that I don't have to keep paying 30-40 bucks a month to have put on ahem ahem). After reading the article below, I realized it was due to my newer health choices that these changes are happening. While my weight loss is slow (but stead), it means even more to me that my body is patting me on the back for new food choices.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5207724_vitamins-fingernails-grow_.html

Has anyone else been noticing signs (besides weight loss and clothing sizes) that their journey is successful?

Replies

• bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I sleep better when I eat good foods instead of junk.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I'm dating again..?
  • allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Wayyyy softer skin with nothing but water water water :wink:
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I always sleep like a log when I work out. :) It's so much better than waking up constantly in the middle of the night.

Also had some really painful hips (even though I'm pretty sure it was the bed :x) But thankfully the weight loss is help with my hips, even if the bed still sucks!
  • BeachedBumm
    Options
    poops have been in n out instead of mud butt.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Have to tighten the belt one more hole. Now it's at the tightest it can go, but I doubt that my waist will shrink enough that I'll need another hole.

Can see veins, especially in my forearms and calves. I love when I'm lifting and my forearm veins are bulging out of my arm.
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I'm not constipated all the time anymore :blushing:
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    Clearer skin, shinier hair & more energy!
  • snowflakelaia
    Options
    Baby soft skin
    Younger looks,
    sleep much better,
    clear and very positive mind when facing challenges,
    MORE energy,
    learning easier,
    lots of endurance in sports,
    not going to the doctor(s),
    body awareness: some foods do not set well in my stomach, I'm able to identify them and not eat (or eat less) of them ^_^
  • treekins
    treekins Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My complexion's cleared up, and I never find myself longing for somedown-time like I used to. I just have energy to GO!
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I've only really been watching calorie intake and working out for about 2-3 weeks now, so I haven't seen a whole lot of body weight/measurement change. But here's some of the things I've started to notice this week:

I have been having the most vivid dreams... and I'm actually remembering them! It's been a long time since I have been able to do this. I think it means that my body's sleep cycles are shifting to get better sleep. Also, I feel like my memory is getting better... I'm feeling a lot more mentally sharp and with it.

My allergy symptoms seem to be improving slightly. I have basically every seasonal allergy (grass pollen, tree pollen, weed pollen...) and non-seasonal allergy (pet dander, mold, dust mites...). I am getting allergy shots, but adding in the exercise on top of it seems to be helping with the symptoms.

My skin has a nice glow.

My body is craving junk food a lot less.
  • bobbiandjaush
    bobbiandjaush Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im a hairstylist and I can usually tell peoplse nourishment by their hair and skin. I, myself, have noticed a difference in the growth of my hair due to eating healthier and drinking more water. With more nourishment my hair is growing faster. Also, when people are malnourished or maybe have lost weight quickly, their hair tends to be more thin and brittle. Thats why it is important to not only watch your calories so you do not exceed but that your are also getting enough calories. Ive seen a few clients who have done the HCG diet and are restricted to 500 calories. Many of them complain that they are noticing hair loss. I dont know for sure, but i would assume that at 500 calories per day it wouldnt be enough to support all the things your body needs.
  • samantharae121205
    Options
    nails, skin, hair, sleep, more energy. :)
  • samantharae121205
    Options
    I'm not constipated all the time anymore :blushing:

ohh yeaa. lol. &;; this tooo.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Im a hairstylist and I can usually tell peoplse nourishment by their hair and skin. I, myself, have noticed a difference in the growth of my hair due to eating healthier and drinking more water. With more nourishment my hair is growing faster. Also, when people are malnourished or maybe have lost weight quickly, their hair tends to be more thin and brittle. Thats why it is important to not only watch your calories so you do not exceed but that your are also getting enough calories. Ive seen a few clients who have done the HCG diet and are restricted to 500 calories. Many of them complain that they are noticing hair loss. I dont know for sure, but i would assume that at 500 calories per day it wouldnt be enough to support all the things your body needs.

Now that you mention it, my stylist this past weekend did mention that my hair seemed much thicker!!! Woohoo!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    My skin is so much happier. I have very sensitive skin and have always had a tendency toward various skin issues. Since I've been working out regularly and eating way less sugar I have really noticed a difference. The biggest one for me, sorry if this is a bit TMI, is that my scalp has seriously improved to the point where I barely have any dandruff at all any more.
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I started 2 years ago... Before I started my weight loss journey, everytime i would eat pasta or be around food I would feel sick -- but not to the point where i would u know... but close.

Since I started losing weight, I no longer feel sick like that. My body has gone from size 12 to size 6, almost in size 4 wahoo!!!! My skin seems to be better -- i used to have bumps on my upper arms.

I dunno what else... but its all coming together!!!!
  • littlenoms
    Options
    I used to get really brutal headaches at least five days a week. Even Advil wouldn't help. But, I've been eating healthy for almost three weeks now, and they've almost disappeared.

I also have less stomachaches too.

All this, and a smaller waistline. Winning! :):)
  • ohcaptain
    ohcaptain Posts: 25
    Options
    None to report because I haven't been at it very long. I just wanted to say thanks for starting this thread. A little more motivation never hurt anyone. I'll be glad when I don't have a constant stomachache anymore.
  • Traci76
    Traci76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Besides what has already been mentioned (skin, nails, hair)... my skin is also itchier in the warmer months when I'm not drinking enough water. So much so that I end up with bad sores on my legs from scratching. When I am hydrated enough with water, I don't have that problem. This is something I've dealt with my entire life, even as a small child... it's a big relief!