P90X Lean

Options
So I'm on week one of Phase 2 I slacked off last night and didn't do my workout so I was thinking I would do two today right after work. So if a have a big lunch and a snack before do you think I would be okay? I dont want to feel behind in my program.

Replies

• _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on what is on the schedule for workouts. Would it be the Cardio and then say Chest and back? I did the Classic version, and some of those were so hard I didn't think I would be able to do two back to back. If they're the weight lifting videos then only do one, and don't take a rest day.

Hope that helped.
  • A_shelton316
    A_shelton316 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on what is on the schedule for workouts. Would it be the Cardio and then say Chest and back? I did the Classic version, and some of those were so hard I didn't think I would be able to do two back to back. If they're the weight lifting videos then only do one, and don't take a rest day.

Hope that helped.
    [/quote

It's Chest , Shoulders & Triceps, Ab Ripper X and Cardio X
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do both today. Do yesterdays workout and continue from there. You want to get the most out of each workout. Spending close to 2.5 hrs doing two DVD's isn't it. By the time you got to ARX you'll be spent.

Skip the rest / stretch day (because you did that yesterday) if you want to stay on the calender schedule or push the program out a day.
    t
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    I'm on wk 9 of P90X lean. I have missed a workout here and there and have also subbed workouts (I don't do Cardio X, I do Plyo or run instead). I think it's the sum of the whole that causes results, not a workout missed now and then. I don't do the stretch/rest day - i usually run that day if my schedule allows. I've been pretty flexible with the program, and have had to adjust my schedule a few times (so day 1 of the next phase doens't always match up with previous). I'm still seeing some results.
  • pkpzp228
    pkpzp228 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    +1, just make yesterday your rest day and do the skipped exercise the on rest/stretch day. But try to get back on schedule and stick to it. P90X does a good job of managing your workouts splits, i.e. you do core one day than cardio the next. You don't want to get into the habit of switching up days or you'll start running into back to back workouts, like core two in a row, or resistance on the same muscle group for the non lean programs.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm on wk 9 of P90X lean. I have missed a workout here and there and have also subbed workouts (I don't do Cardio X, I do Plyo or run instead). I think it's the sum of the whole that causes results, not a workout missed now and then. I don't do the stretch/rest day - i usually run that day if my schedule allows. I've been pretty flexible with the program, and have had to adjust my schedule a few times (so day 1 of the next phase doens't always match up with previous). I'm still seeing some results.

Now that I've done P90X 3 times, the second and 3rd time I did alot of this, switching the cardio days for other typs of cardio, hybriding with one on ones or insanity. It all works. I agree when you say "the sum of the whole that causes results" I believe this too. Just continue to eat correctly.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Yeah, just to agree with everyone else here. I wouldn't do 2 work outs in one day. Part of what P90X is all about is pushing yourself to the max on every exercise and every work out. By the time you get to the 2nd work out, it just wouldn't be possible. If your worried about messing up the schedule, just do what everyone else has said and just push your work outs back a day. Another beauty of P90X.

To everyone else who is currently doing P90X. Keep up the good work and BRING IT!!!
  • A_shelton316
    A_shelton316 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks everyone! I will do my missed work out tonight and so on.
  • ButterflyKristen
    ButterflyKristen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Good job. Tomorrow is YogaX (which I really dislike, but know it's good for me). I have found that yoga is the ONE exercise that I prefer to do in a class setting. I even have a LeMond spinning bike and do my own spin workouts to music (and love it since I get to pick the tunes). On Yoga days, I still try to get in either a brisk walk or a good jog; anything to burn some extra calories and get out in the new Spring weather!