The struggles...

Options
So, I have lost a significant amount of weight and I couldn't be happier about that...the only thing is that my mind is taking a while to catch up with what my body is doing. There is a lot of emotional stuff that comes with weight loss. I have fears that I will never reach my goals or that I will gain my weight back, like I always have in the past. And that is just the plain, honest truth about how I feel some days. A lot of people don't really talk about the ugly side of weight loss...why we ate? Well, I ate for pleasure and to "check-out" when I was feeling bad. I would eat just to eat...that made me feel "better" at the time, but afterwards it was always followed with remorse, guilt and shame.

I have and continue to work on these issues. I feel down sometimes because I always want to be this perfect person...always losing, working out and being a "model" person. But honestly, it doesn't happen like that for me all of the time. I still get scared and nervous about losing weight...I think that's normal, for me at least. I'm becoming a new person...the person that I was always meant to be. And like the people in my life I have to get to know that person as well. I like sharing my successes with others, but I also need to share in my setbacks. It's the "secret" of the setbacks that make me turn away from the very place that I can find support.

I'm working on that part of it...I know that everyone has their ups and downs and I'm one more person having ups and downs. I don't think it makes me a failure...I think it makes me human...

Replies

• nmain
    nmain Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I feel like you just wrote this about ME! You are doing amazing and have given me something to work towards!
  • Liss1
    Liss1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    On the upside u look fantastic!!!
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    You are not alone ... thanks for sharing that it is difficult for many of us.
  • kahlah23
    kahlah23 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It is very difficult to change our minds from eat everything to watching what we eat. I struggle with that everyday and am sure I will struggle with that for the rest of my life. You are on an amazing journey with all of the weight you have lost. I hope I can be as dedicated as you are. Thanks for the post. It is what a lot of us are thinking.
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    yes i have the same issues and im so greatful for your post
  • tobitude
    tobitude Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I ask myself everday if this is going to be the time I do it or if I am going to fail like all the other times I have tried. I know how you feel, how many times have we been down this road and sabatoged (sp) our own success. I am determined that this is it and changing our way of thinking is our biggest step to our success. Hang in there and hold on for dear life because this is our chance of a lifetime and we need to be determined not to fail this time. We are strong and we can do this!!!

A quote that sticks in my mind everyday from a new show about being addicted to food,................. "Every morning I wake up on a diet and every night I end in failure".................... this time that will not be me!!!!!
  • snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your posts. It is so great to have such wonderful people on here to turn to for support. I'm here for you guys as well. :)
  • snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    On the upside u look fantastic!!!

Thank you so much! I've been working my *kitten* off...literally! :)