I am addicted to sloppy TEX MEX

Options
2»

Replies

• kelfeene
    kelfeene Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Holly - Salsa and Carrots.. I think I will pass! :)... just raw baby carrots!

Maddy - Tortilla soup, Corn Tortillas, WOW that is a better solution! My favorite thing is the 10 chip count! Very practical!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Good luck Kelfeene, I hope it's doable for you when you go out to eat yummy TexMex.
    I also find that having a plan in mind (what I'm going to eat) before I get to the restauranc helps me to not order the bad stuff and to order the good stuff and be happy about it.
    ~maddymama
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I love Chuys!!! Thank goodness the closest one is 1.5 hrs from me. :) My advice is to just stay away from the Tex-Mex joints for a little while.

Amen to that. I am also thankful it's more than a 10 hour drive to the closest one for me.
  • kelfeene
    kelfeene Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    13 more Pounds til I hit 20 LBS ~ Which by the way is when I get to eat more TEX MEX and Margaritas ~~~ :)...
  • ATXJudie
    ATXJudie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I live in Austin and we LOVE Chuy's. This isn't on most Tex-Mex menus, but at Chuy's they have a green chili chicken stew that is SO yummy - I don't even miss all the cheesy, ricey goodness that comes with enchiladas and such. So I always order a bowl of that stew. That isn't to say that I don't still have the margarita and chips and jalapeno ranch dip to up my calorie intake :smile:

And yes...I think the smartest choice at Tex-Mex is fajitas. Especially if you can skip the tortilla. Or at least most of the places have the smaller plates, kids menus and appetizer options - some of those are a little better - still cheesy and delicious, just smaller portion sizes.

I have the same issue with the margaritas and chips though, so no good advice there :drinker: