Did you lose weight with the 30 Day Shred?

Options

Replies

• getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Yes but you have to add cardio. I would run 1-2 miles a day in addition to the shred. You can always up your miles if you are comfortable.

In 2009 I completed the shred for 45 days w/ running 1 mile and lost 8 lbs but didn't record inches.

I did another round of 45 days this past January-Feburary and ran 2 miles a day: Results 6.5 lbs loss | 3.5" off waist | 1.5" off hips

I'm sure if you eat healthy and lots of water you will see even greater results! :wink:

So do you just do 15 days at each level?

I completed the 30 days (level 1 (7 days), level 2 (12 days), level 4 (12 days)) afterwards I did level 2 then level 3 (swapped) for the next 15 days.
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am on day 20 today (doing 10 days of each level) and I have lost 5 lbs total. After 10 days, I had lost 1 inch from my waist, 1 from my hips and 1/2 inch from my bust. Those are the only places I took measurements when I started. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to measure again tomorrow (after 20 days) or if I will wait until the 30th day. I am definitely more toned and more lean looking than before I started it, and that is my only exercise that I am doing right now along with eating my calorie goals. I normally don't eat ALL of my exercise calories either.
  • abcvfamily
    abcvfamily Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @ fishermanwife:

Same thing happened to me last week. i did day1 on Thursday and felt like Iwas going to die! I could barely walk down the stairs. I literally whined for 3 days, well probably more like 4. I felt fine Monday morning and did it again adn it was fine. I could not have done it on Friday if I had to! I could seriously BARELY walk down the stairs and I held onto the railing when Idid that. It felt like my knees were going to give out. I thought WOW I AM OUTTA SHAPE!! Monday it all went just fine,
  • goddessofmath
    goddessofmath Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the success stories! I honestly thought this thread would die fairly fast. It's GREAT to hear how you've all lost inches and to hear about everyone's weight loss too. :) I'm not doing extra cardio right now because my body hates me (and Jillian hahaha!), but maybe I'll add some later.

Post Day 2 and I whimper/grunt every time I stand up or sit down, and my quads are happy to alert me that they're still on my legs every step I take! I *know* this is going to be worth it. :D
  • goddessofmath
    goddessofmath Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me last week. i did day1 on Thursday and felt like Iwas going to die! I could barely walk down the stairs. I literally whined for 3 days, well probably more like 4. I felt fine Monday morning and did it again adn it was fine. I could not have done it on Friday if I had to! I could seriously BARELY walk down the stairs and I held onto the railing when Idid that. It felt like my knees were going to give out. I thought WOW I AM OUTTA SHAPE!! Monday it all went just fine,

I had read people saying to keep going even when it hurts. I worked through the pain yesterday, and it was honestly easier than the previous day. I'm hoping there's really something to be said for not taking a break... Keep trying... you'll be fine. :D
  • JenniCH
    JenniCH Posts: 74
    Options
    I'm on Day 2 of Level 1 (I'm going to do each Level for 10 days) and as of this morning I'm down 0.2lbs ha ha not sure if it's from the Shred or the fact that I eat extremely healthy and do other exercises as well... I am definitely not using the 30 Day Shred as my ONLY source of exercise - I just decided to throw it in to mix things up... I have been and will continue to go swimming 3 hours a week and do regular gym work-outs 3 hours a week. When used alone I'm not sure how much the 30 Day Shred would do since it's only 20 minutes but I am expecting decent results when used in combination with other exercises + healthy diet.
    Good luck!!!
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the success stories! I honestly thought this thread would die fairly fast. It's GREAT to hear how you've all lost inches and to hear about everyone's weight loss too. :) I'm not doing extra cardio right now because my body hates me (and Jillian hahaha!), but maybe I'll add some later.

Post Day 2 and I whimper/grunt every time I stand up or sit down, and my quads are happy to alert me that they're still on my legs every step I take! I *know* this is going to be worth it. :D

i think the main thing is to just keep moving. I know for myself I definitely couldn't do any additional exercise after the Shred workout. My exercise routine went from doing nothing to the Shred workout so it was a challenge. I just finished Day 14 and now I'm thinking I could start doing a bit more cardio but then again, I'm switching to Level 2 on Saturday so we'll see what that brings. Do your best and your body will respond. I was also extremely sore after the first couple days... I think most people are... but I found working through it every day made me feel better both physically and mentally. It felt empowering to push through the soreness and complete another day. I wish you the best and keep shredding!! :happy:
  • shannonpatton
    shannonpatton Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 and I have lost a few lbs, but I am also adding in 40 min of extra cardio in the evenings.
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I lost 16 pounds doing it and over 19 inches. I would do extra cardio about 3 times a week! I love the shred, and will be starting her new one Ripped in 30 this week. I posted progress pics. awhile ago on here but you can also go to my blog sharsweightloss.blogspot.com to see them. I know that seeing three scale move is great but I love being able to fit into clothes people who weigh 20-40 pounds lighter fit into. Good luck with the shred!! I'm sure you will see a little but of pounds lost though if you haven't two weeks in I would add some extra cardio.
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I don't remember the total inches I lost, it was a lot and I was surprised but I also lost 13lbs. It is a great program and I keep going back to it.:smile:
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Also, remember that even if you don’t lose weight while doing the Shred (or any other resistance program), the lean muscle mass you put on WILL help you burn more fat in the weeks to follow. Muscle mass is your friend. So build strength, build muscle, and know that the weight will drop in time. Adding muscle means working smarter. Every pound of muscle burns 50 calories a day! Every pound of fat…just sits there.

Amen!!

Don't be discouraged if the scale doesn't move...that doesn't mean your body isn't changing! Muscle is more lean than fat, so while you may lose inches, you may NOT lose actual lbs and that's ok! Have a muscle over fat means more calories burned down the road and steps closer to a firm toned body! Good Luck!
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    I started last Firday, April 1. I am still on level 1. I havent measured yet but I have lost 2.4 pounds so far, and my husband mentioned last night he can tell already too. It is a tough workout but I love it! I also get on the treadmill after and do a fast walk mixed with running intervals to get some extra cardio in. Good luck!! I hope to have great results too!!
  • Chicka_Boom
    Options
    I did the 30 Day Shred, and now I'm working my way through Ripped in 30. I really like the workouts because they're quick, high-intensity, and thorough. I did lose weight while doing the program 5 to 6 days a week, in combination with a sensible diet, but more importantly I gained a lot of muscle tone and gave my metabolism a good kick in the pants.

Your goal is to lose fat, which doesn't always mean that the numbers on the scale will go down. You hear it a lot but it bears repeating: muscle weighs more than fat. When you lose fat but gain muscle, you may not see the numbers on the scale go down, but you will lose inches, which is what you want.

The workouts are strength-intensive, but while you're doing strength moves you're getting a cardio workout as well, because she keeps you moving and keeps your heart rate up. Cardio and weight training aren't necessarily two separate things - often they're most effective & efficient when combined.

Additionally, it's important to keep in mind that muscle is more metabolically active than fat. So the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn! I would rather work my butt off for 30 minutes doing high intensity interval training like you get from the DVDs than spend an hour or more jogging to get the same results. Stick with it!
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I losy 2lbs - not much at all but i lost alot of inches and although the scales dont read what Id like them to at present I feel so good about myselg where my body is more defined my clothes are all too big on me and I am getting out my old clothes I thought Id never wear again (wish I kept more of them now) :) good luck
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options

No extra cardio for me either and I am on Day 1, Level 1. My legs were so sore yesterday I winced at the thought of walking upstairs to bed! Much better today.
  • lindseylkr
    lindseylkr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4 today and I am also doing C25k along with it. I am hoping to loose some weight but it it's only inches i'll be happy with that

This is my exact workout right now. I started C25K on March 1st but also went on two trips so I'm only on week 3 and I got a new DVD player for my birthday so my 30 day shred DVD finally made it off the shelf again! Good to see someone else had the same idea as me.

I want to do all 30 days in a row or at least get to the end of April without missing a day of shred. I walk on my hour lunch at work for 40 minutes, 4 days a week and I want to get in 3 to 4 C25K runs weekly. We are doing a second round of biggest loser at work and I was in the top 3 for two months but my trips last month hurt me!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Interested in hear about this.

Im doing 30DS along with Zumba once or twice a week and walking the dogs each day.

Thanks for the info
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Interested in hear about this.

Im doing 30DS along with Zumba once or twice a week and walking the dogs each day.

Thanks for the info
  • kermie79
    kermie79 Posts: 9
    Options
    I did 30 day shred a few months ago and lost 5 lbs. I didn't measure inches but I could tell I lost inches in my stomach from it. It helped me get over a plateau I had been at for about 6 months so I definitely recommend the program. I did not do any other exercise other than 30DS every day.
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4 today and I am also doing C25k along with it. I am hoping to loose some weight but it it's only inches i'll be happy with that

This is my exact workout right now. I started C25K on March 1st but also went on two trips so I'm only on week 3 and I got a new DVD player for my birthday so my 30 day shred DVD finally made it off the shelf again! Good to see someone else had the same idea as me.

I want to do all 30 days in a row or at least get to the end of April without missing a day of shred. I walk on my hour lunch at work for 40 minutes, 4 days a week and I want to get in 3 to 4 C25K runs weekly. We are doing a second round of biggest loser at work and I was in the top 3 for two months but my trips last month hurt me!

Me too, or it will be. I'm on Week 2 day 2 of C25k and I've just ordered the 30DS. I normally do swimming, zumba or a DVD like Davina McCall or 10 minute solutions, so hoping to finally tone up those bingo wings and my muffin top!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!