Feeling unmotivated today....

Options
So I woke up a little late today because I had a major headache the first time I woke up. I took some ibuprofin and went back to sleep. I finally felt a little better so I got up and went through my normal morning routine. To start everything off, I was up 1.5 pounds today on the scale :( As busy as I was yesterday I figured I would at least be the same weight, but nope. Up 1.5. Then, just now, as I was changing into my workout clothes, I made the mistake of looking in the mirror. I've worked so hard since January and I'm only down 10 pounds and see zero results in the mirror. I have seen so many people doing this for the same amount of time and they already have amazing results!! So why not me? I know that my eating habits aren't always consistant, but I always do some type of exercise every day. I also started walking every day. When I first started walking it seemed like the pounds really started coming off, and now I'm going back up on the scale. I also get discouraged sometimes when I come to the message boards because I see soooo many more people that are already skinny. It seems like everyone on the site has already met their goals and I'm the last person standing here. I am very happy for all of those people and think it is amazing that they have been able to meet their goals, and I can't wait to get there. But where are all the people that need to lose as much weight as I do?? I guess I can chalk all these feelings up to having a really bad day. This is probably something I should be blogging and not posting on a message board because I just know there are going to be people thinking I'm just some jealous whining baby (I say this because people have accused me of being jealous on past posts I've made). Hopefully this time I'll actually get some type of helpful comment because the past 2 posts I've made have gotten zero comments. Where's all the support that I keep seeing on everyone else's posts?? OK, time to go work out now...maybe that will help put me in a better mood :/

Replies

• DeadlyDame13
    DeadlyDame13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    babe we all have bad days ---some very bad----i've had bad weeks ---n no seem to have hit a wall dont feel sad or too down babe cause ur worth the effort worth the change n when u see it you'll be happy now go work out make good choices and see how it goes for two weeks :) xoxoxo best of luck
  • roxy718
    roxy718 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey Lecakerman,

I know how you feel about going up some lbs sometime but it is a day to day fight with your self and You just have to tell your self you would do better today.:wink:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,996 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear you are having such a bad day. Just hang in there and dont give up. Everyone loses at different rates and there are plenty of people on here that still need to lose 50,100 even 200lbs . You need to not focus on everyone elses success, focus more on your eating. What you eat accounts for 80% of it exercise only 20% it is easier to eat 500 cals less a day then to burn 500 cals a day but with a combination you will end up losing more and be in better shape. You need to take your measurements once a month and take a pic once a month. Sometimes our success can be seen in pics and measurements . Those that reach their goals are the ones that keep at it and dont give up. Good luck,
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Working out tends to help boost my moods. :) Worked this morning. :)

And don't get discouraged about not losing as fast or as much as other people. Everybody is different. Your body might have different needs. You could try tweaking your diet and exercise habits a little... it might help. And the more consistent you are with your eating habits the faster you're liable to lose. Don't give up. You can do it! :D
  • cbratthauer
    cbratthauer Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My trainer told me not to weigh myself every day because a lot of times it has to do with water weight! He said if I must I can weigh myself once a week, as long as it is at the same time of the day. I just wait and weigh myself during our monthly weigh ins. I was getting too discouraged weighing myself all of the time.
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    LOL you aren't a whiney baby...perhaps just a tad whiney today but we all have those days. I was whining to the husband about 3hrs ago. Ultimately, I take my whining and turn it into my drive to get it right. Don't be in a rush...if you are doing this for life then you'll have a lifetime to get it right.

Your body is yours. You can't possibly go on the same journey someone else is and I think you know that. Just take the day off today, relax, and reflect on why you are overweight to begin with. THAT'S what matters the most. The weight won't come off at all if you don't get to the root of the problem. Once you do that or at least have an idea of where it's coming from, then jump up and get it in.

Sometimes when I find myself overwhelmed by someone else's "easy" success (and I say "easy" because none of it is easy--we only get to see the end result they had to put in the work from the beginning) I tend to close my eyes and say "Sommer, keep your eyes on your own paper." Corny, I know, but it pulls focus back to where it should be...ON ME :flowerforyou:

You got this. Just step back and really think this thing through. Good luck :drinker:
  • lyndyb88
    lyndyb88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Bestie, you know that I know exactly how you're feeling. I've lost the same amount as you in the same amount of time. The difference is that I am WAY heavier than you. It discourages me sometimes to see this stuff too but I keep telling myself that maybe my posts help someone else. Maybe someone sees ten pounds lost on my thing and they're just starting. I think what you're going through is a grass is always greener on the other side type of thing, but just remind yourself this isn't the case. Yeah their numbers look amazing but it doesn't mean that because it hasn't happened as fast for you that it isn't going to happen. I always keep telling myself there is someone out there who knows what I am going through, whether I see their posts or not. I was up on the scale today too but instead of seeing that as a negative I forced myself to think of it as motivation. I realized that I slacked a little yesterday on what I was eating and decided to fix it today. You are AMAZING and you should never think otherwise. It doesn't matter what speed you're doing this at, it only matters that you're doing it. :D We'll all get where we want to be in the end no matter how much time it takes us. The important thing is that we've seen the error of our ways. Joining this site in the first place was a step in the right direction. :D Don't lose faith!!! :D You've got this :) Now turn my advice around and make me follow it :P :D lol
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    LOL you aren't a whiney baby...perhaps just a tad whiney today but we all have those days. I was whining to the husband about 3hrs ago. Ultimately, I take my whining and turn it into my drive to get it right. Don't be in a rush...if you are doing this for life then you'll have a lifetime to get it right.

Your body is yours. You can't possibly go on the same journey someone else is and I think you know that. Just take the day off today, relax, and reflect on why you are overweight to begin with. THAT'S what matters the most. The weight won't come off at all if you don't get to the root of the problem. Once you do that or at least have an idea of where it's coming from, then jump up and get it in.

Sometimes when I find myself overwhelmed by someone else's "easy" success (and I say "easy" because none of it is easy--we only get to see the end result they had to put in the work from the beginning) I tend to close my eyes and say "Sommer, keep your eyes on your own paper." Corny, I know, but it pulls focus back to where it should be...ON ME :flowerforyou:

You got this. Just step back and really think this thing through. Good luck :drinker:

Thank you so much. This is something that I really needed to hear. I do know that this is all ME and not what everyone else is doing. I'm not sure why today is such a bad day for me. I know it is a combination of things. I did my Jillian Michaels level 2 after I posted this, and I feel a little better. Hopefully my walk later on today will be even that much better. I love my walks :) Thanks again!