Scale Issue

Options
Okay as much as I don't want to admit this,sometimes I weigh myself a few times in a row and the first time the scale reads about 2 lbs more then when I step on it again. The 2nd, 3rd time etc. each read at the lower end and are consistent. Does anyone else have this problem and if so which weight should I record? Maybe I just need a new scale lol.

Replies

• eternlgladiator
    Options
    I would start my taking out as many factors as you can first. Is the scale on a flat floor? Are you wearing the same thing each time or nothing? Are you touching a wall or surface nearby (this can cause the scale to misread)? Are you doing all three times right in a row or throughout the day? Your body weight can fluctuate based on a variety of factors like how much food/water you've had, bathroom breaks, and other things too. If all this is not the problem then it might be the scale. I think the one I have was only around 20 and it has a couple sensors on it to help calculate BMI, Fat% and a couple other things. It's pretty nifty but I don't get caught up in the scale. I look in the mirror and like those results better. I would start logging the weight and look for trends not daily victories.
  • brookesready
    brookesready Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am weighing myself three times in a row, wearing the same thing, and touching nothing. I only weigh in once a week and mostly rely on measurements and pictures, but I like to keep track of the actual weight loss too. I think I am going to need to purchase a new scale. Thank you for the advice :)
  • anewmeat50
    Options
    I got a brand new one and Im having the same problem.It reaily frustating, realy depresses me sometimes.becouse Im doing everything right.
  • eternlgladiator
    Options
    I would go for the new scale too then. I would also start weighing yourself more than once per week. I've heard of people weighing every day and using one day a week as their "official" weigh in. That way you if that one day happens to be an up day for you it won't seem so bad. Personally I would weigh in daily in the morning and log that and then use friday as the "official" day every week. Make sense? This will help keep things positive so that if your official weigh in is high you can look at the other days and see it was a just a fluke.
  • Thelma6658
    Options
    LOL!! I do that myself and have been for years. I just take the best out of three!!! In my defense, i only do it once a week.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Is the scale new? Have you changed the batteries? This happened to me when I bought a brand new scale. I thought it might be the batteries, so I put new ones in but that didn't help. I returned it and got a different model/brand and haven't had any problems since then.