Any other New Englanders looking to LOSE it?

Options
RENAEJAE
RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
I am part of some really great MFP threads, but rarely run across others from the Northeast. There must be tons of vitamin D deficient MAINA'S or NEW HAMPSHIRE NATIVES out there looking for some downhome support after this LONG WINTER? The sun is shining at the moment so if I don't get back to you right away it means I'm outside walking in the snowbank, waiting for the weather to change. "Ayup!"

I find the support, challenges and ideas on MFP to be such a great help. If you're interested in chatting about your goals and accomplishments in this light hearted forum please jump in . . . even if you aren't a Native New Englanders. :wink:

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Representing Southern NE (I am from Connecticut)! I just came in from outside, sunny and relatively warm for the time of year. Too bad it is windy out!

I am a typical New Englander, talking about the weather :bigsmile:
  • AlisonMacKay
    Options
    NH here!!
  • pretentiouskate
    Options
    Hey I'm in southern Maine!
  • Midcoast_Mermaid
    Options
    Lakes Region, New Hampshire...originally from Midcoast, Maine.
  • srhdwll
    srhdwll Posts: 65
    Options
    I'm a Masshole. :glasses:
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    RI ***** here! :)
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    RI ***** here! :)

aww darnit...it was supposed to say b*tch :D
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    In southern NH now, but born and raised in southern ME :) Getting psyched for spring, I can't wait to run outdoors again.
  • Thelma6658
    Options
    I am from Western Massachusetts
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Another Mainah here! And it is gorgous outside. I might even get out for a walk this weekend! :)
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I'm a Masshole. :glasses:
    Me, too!
  • andipandi
    andipandi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    can new brunswick canada count? i'm only 45mins from maine... :)
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    I'm on the South Sho in Mass
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm from Mass too. Is it nice out there? It looks nice but I haen't been able to leave my desk:ohwell:
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Ya - way to represent New England (and New Brunswick)! Where are the Vermonters?

I've been with MFP since Feb 22nd and have not looked back. I have 2 kids, and a supportive husband. We live in a small central Maine community and enjoy country living. I'm doing this for me me and me. Not sure why I didn't do it before but I guess all the stars have aligned. So far it hasn't been difficult and I'm really enjoying cooking differently, starting my day with exercise and being mindful of what I'm fueling my body with. I have a ton of weight to lose but I can envision myself at a healthy weight and that's a great motivator.

Maybe we could each share one idea or tip that have helped us suceed to this point? Or something you plan on trying if you're just starting your journey.

My tip would be to prioritize your intake. Drink your water if you do nothing else right all day. Then eat your 5 fruit/veggies. After that you are just filling in the blanks with healthy choices that help meet your daily goal. The math is easy and the lbs can't help but drop off.
  • andipandi
    andipandi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    today i'm doing a fast with another MFP. we did a one day fast last month and it really motivated us. it's hard to stay motivated through the long winter...it's sunny(ish) but still cold and windy (and still so much snow!)
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    southern NH. Go Sox!
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Live in Mass on the NH boarder. Grew up in NH on the VT boarder :)
  • Brandie0502
    Brandie0502 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ive lived in southern, coastal Maine all my life!