Need opinions/video purchase

Options
mechanicmom
mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
Okay I have heard a lot about the Biggest Loser DVDs and how they kick your rear. I do Taebo everyday and I love it but I am afraid of getting my body in a routine. I have some birthday money which I am very picky about spending because I don't get spending money a lot. I have been looking on Amazon and I have a couple choices that I am leaning towards. I want your opinion on these videos and which ones you think would be the best to get
The first one I am thinking about is the Biggest Winner: how to win by losing by Jillian, and it's a complete box set for $24, which is fits in my budget. Has anyone done this? Do I have to buy extra weights etc to do it?
The second choice are three DVD's that I think I can get for $30 (which I will make fit in the budget: 30 Day Shred, Cardio Max, and Power Sculpt.

I'm leaning towards the second but then for some reason I always think more quantity for less money. This time I want to focus on quality and what's going to keep me motivated and give me what I want:" a lean, toned machine.
Thanks for your help! And when Jillian or Bob kills me I will try not to come back and haunt you. Ha ha.

Replies

• mechanicmom
    Options
    Okay I have heard a lot about the Biggest Loser DVDs and how they kick your rear. I do Taebo everyday and I love it but I am afraid of getting my body in a routine. I have some birthday money which I am very picky about spending because I don't get spending money a lot. I have been looking on Amazon and I have a couple choices that I am leaning towards. I want your opinion on these videos and which ones you think would be the best to get
    The first one I am thinking about is the Biggest Winner: how to win by losing by Jillian, and it's a complete box set for $24, which is fits in my budget. Has anyone done this? Do I have to buy extra weights etc to do it?
    The second choice are three DVD's that I think I can get for $30 (which I will make fit in the budget: 30 Day Shred, Cardio Max, and Power Sculpt.

I'm leaning towards the second but then for some reason I always think more quantity for less money. This time I want to focus on quality and what's going to keep me motivated and give me what I want:" a lean, toned machine.
    Thanks for your help! And when Jillian or Bob kills me I will try not to come back and haunt you. Ha ha.
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am going to order the 3 Day Melt tomorrow! I hope it does what it says... anyone have it??? There are so many out there it is hard to know what to get! But this is 15.00 and has a 30 day money back so I think I will give it a try. Here is the link https://www.3daymelt.com/store.asp.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have the biggest loser videos 1 and 2, cardio max, Jillians cardio kickbox and just purchased 30day shred and her backside sculpt. I have not done the last two yet. I am doing the 30 day shred/making the cut program in August. I am going to tell you that I LOVE the biggest loser videos and cardio max. They are totally worth it. I did the BL1 video this morning this morning and burned 595 calories. I would suggest that you go to your local best buy, sports store, circuit city type stores, they are sold in those stores. I have also found them at Ross for only $5.99!!!! I spent 12.99 for the Shred video at Best Buy. I know it is listed for less online but you then pay shipping and you have to wait to get it. I really don't like to buy anything online. But that is me...good luck to you and enjoy your videos!!!!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I have "cardio max" and "power sculpt" and love them both. I must confess that I'm not a fan of "Kim" the one trainer, but they both have "customizable" workout menus, so I can just skip her. Jillian's cardio section is the devil.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Okay, I ordered Power Sculpt, Cardio Max, and 30 Day Shred. I hope I like them. I am not a big fan of cardio as I tend to think it means boring, but I know it's important so I got it. It's probably not boring. It'll probably kick my bottom!
    I will get them next week some time!