Things just MIGHT be looking up (Off Topic as usual)

Options
Well, my husband went out drinking last night, and I was soooo ticked off about it, and he knew it. He came home at like 9:30 and he was just barely buzzed as opposed to coming home at 2 or 3 completely hammered. I thanked him for coming home at a decent time, and we got to talking about our problems, without fighting! Can u believe that? lol He didn't even get angry and leave...I was shocked. He told me that he understands that I get upset with him, and that he understands why. He also went on and on about what a great wife and mother I am, and that he appreciates me so much and he should show it more. I was pretty much blown away. He tried to explain why he drinks..talking about the stress at his beach store and the stress he's feeling to make the mortgage payments with the "lean" months of winter coming up. (our store is seasonal) I just feel so much better now that we had a real discussion about things. We even came to an agreement on the drinking. 1 night a week, and it has to be the night b4 he goes back to the beach, so that I don't have to deal with his hungover crabby grump-*kitten*, and so I don't have to be mad that he's sleeping away one of his days home with his family b/c he drank too much the night prior. We'll see how things go from here, but I already feel better after getting these things off my chest, and all the bucket loads of compliments and appreciation he showed me didn't hurt anything either. So wish us luck! Thanks again everyone, you've been so great. I sort of owe some of u for the discussion I had with Bob last night. If you guys hadn't pushed me to talk about the things that were bothering me I never would have.

Replies

• laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Well, my husband went out drinking last night, and I was soooo ticked off about it, and he knew it. He came home at like 9:30 and he was just barely buzzed as opposed to coming home at 2 or 3 completely hammered. I thanked him for coming home at a decent time, and we got to talking about our problems, without fighting! Can u believe that? lol He didn't even get angry and leave...I was shocked. He told me that he understands that I get upset with him, and that he understands why. He also went on and on about what a great wife and mother I am, and that he appreciates me so much and he should show it more. I was pretty much blown away. He tried to explain why he drinks..talking about the stress at his beach store and the stress he's feeling to make the mortgage payments with the "lean" months of winter coming up. (our store is seasonal) I just feel so much better now that we had a real discussion about things. We even came to an agreement on the drinking. 1 night a week, and it has to be the night b4 he goes back to the beach, so that I don't have to deal with his hungover crabby grump-*kitten*, and so I don't have to be mad that he's sleeping away one of his days home with his family b/c he drank too much the night prior. We'll see how things go from here, but I already feel better after getting these things off my chest, and all the bucket loads of compliments and appreciation he showed me didn't hurt anything either. So wish us luck! Thanks again everyone, you've been so great. I sort of owe some of u for the discussion I had with Bob last night. If you guys hadn't pushed me to talk about the things that were bothering me I never would have.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey hun! I am happy you were able to talk things out without fighting. I wish you both the best of luck in making things work. I am VERY happy to hear he is complimenting you like that since you deserve every single compliment and then some! Take care of yourself too girl! I really hope things start to look up.

HUGS!
    -Tam
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    so glad to hear that you guys were able to communicate about this!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    :heart: Our prayers for you have been working! Praise God for this recent blessing to you and your family! :heart:
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    YEA!!! I am so glad you feel better and he is willing to give an effort. Stress is really hard on the men, they have the load to carry of paying the bills and being the head of the household and taking care of their family. It is very hard on them at times. Just keep talking and don't forget to take time out for yourselves. :flowerforyou:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    That's so great! I'm glad that you two are talking about it! Yay!!!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! :) Bob even got up at like 8:30 all by himself and has been playing with Taylor ever since. I guess something clicked. I just hope it's not a fluke and that things will go right back to being crappy in a few days. Either way, it's a start.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I am soooo proud and happy for you!! Your a lucky woman for having a guy that realizes his wrongs and he is lucky to have such an awesome and patient loving wife.

Love you girl
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you were able to talk. I hope everything works out for you both. Thoughts and prayers:flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you were able to have that talk, Lauren! :flowerforyou: Thanks for the update!! :heart:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    woo hoo! lauren!!! good for you honey, soooo proud of you for having the talk girl I know how hard that can be...but glad Bob is seeing the light!!!

keeping you in my prayers as always and enjoy the good honey...and hoping it just lasts and lasts! you deserve it!

hugs,
    Ali :heart:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Yay for such happy progress!!!:happy:
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am soo glad that you 2 were able to start talking about this. Working out that deal was a great idea!
    I am also glad that he was able to vocalize his appreciation towards you. :heart:

Don't forget that men are like kids in some ways and you need to catch them being good.
    They need ALOT of praise for good behavior to make it stick. Make sure he knows you are happy that he got up early and is spending so much time with the little one. :drinker:

Good luck and I wish the best for you both. :flowerforyou:

Nicky
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm glad you two were able to talk =o)))
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    good stuff Lauren! glad you could work some of it out!