FAVORITE POST EXERCISE FOOD

Options
WHATS YOUR FAV POST EXERCISE FOOD?
FOOD NOT PROTIEN SHAKE. I HAVE MY SHAKE IN THE MORNING. I LIKE TO HAVE CEREAL AFTER MY WORKOUTS BUT IT HAS SO MANY CARBS AND CALORIES SO IT DOESNT WORK. :( I NEED SOME IDEAS OF SMALL SNACKS FILLING BUT SMALL FOR AFTER WORKOUTS. IF THERE IS GOOD CEREAL THAT'S LOW ON CALORIES I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW ABOUT IT. I LOVE HONEY BUNCHES OF OATS BUT SOOO MANY CALORIES. LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING ALL OF YOUR IDEAS!

Replies

• Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I seem to always want a cold glass of milk.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Milk

or

Ezekiel Bread and peanut butter
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I like to have something that has a lot of protein after working out...I usually workout before lunch and then i can have my Chobani!
  • Lefriedline
    Lefriedline Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    As far as cereal goes, I like the Fiber one original cereal. It is only 60 calories per half a cup--which most are at least double that. Even though it is original and fiber you would think it would taste very bland, but it is actually pretty good! You might like to try a granola bar too!
  • woodjygirl
    Options
    fiber one 90 calorie bar and a 16 ounce glass of crystal light (only 10 calories)

or raw vegetables with a fat free dressing for dipping
  • slgaries
    slgaries Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    1% Chocolate milk and whole almonds works
  • Ladyfit27
    Ladyfit27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    what does Ezekiel Bread and peanut butter taste like?
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    chocolate soy milk
    oatmeal
    banana or apple w/peanut butter (fruit may have more carbs than you want, tho)
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Protein shake.

Followed by a good meal of protein/fats/carbs. Usually red meat with veggies. Or fish with brown rice.
  • Bukopie474
    Options
    I tried Fiber one 90 calories with cold lipton tea 0 calories or crystal light less better than energy drinks.
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Cuties - those little easy to peel clementine oranges.
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    You could have lowfat cottage cheese and pineapple, half peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread, half cup of cooked oatmeal w/ fruit and some nuts, or maybe a protein shake
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    You could have lowfat cottage cheese and pineapple, half peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread, half cup of cooked oatmeal w/ fruit and some nuts, or maybe a protein shake

I eat 2 cups of cottage every day. Low cals and packed with protein. I eat the fat free kind.
  • yanksgurl613
    Options
    LET ME JUST SPECIFY. I DO MY WORKOUTS AT 8:30 PM. SO IT WOULD BE MORE OF A NIGHT SNACK NOT A LUNCH SNACK. THE FIBER ONE IDEA IS A GOOD ONE. I WILL CHECK THAT OUT. I LOVE MY CEREAL! AND I ALSO LIKE THE IDEA OF CLEMENTINES THOSE ARE YUM BUT WILL I BE FULL TO GO TO SLEEP AFTER? ALSO I LOVE THE IDEA OF VEGGIES AND LOW FAT DIP. THANKS ALL OF YOU!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Immediately after - like when I'm walking from the gym to the car, I will have a banana. Then about an hour later have something with protien & a little carb like tablespoon of peanut butter on a bagel thin or a couple slices of low fat cheese melted in a sandwich thin with a just a bit of salsa, like a mini-quesadilla.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I find Ezekiel Bread to taste like Arnolds Health Nut bread or other 9 grain/12 grain breads. I like it. I'm not a fan of 100% whole wheat and Ezekiel Bread has more protein than most breads. However, my boyfriend says Ezekiel Bread tastes like bean sprouts.

Peanut butter is what it is.

I find the combination to be satisfying. Like a comfort food. I think Chocolate Milk is a comfort food. So, I guess that's what I eat after working out--comfort foods.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Cashews!
  • justnname
    justnname Posts: 162
    Options
    what does Ezekiel Bread and peanut butter taste like?

The Ezekiel Cinnamon and raisin bread with peanut butter is really good and filling
  • justnname
    justnname Posts: 162
    Options
    After a intense workout, egg whites and oatmeal. Cereal ideas, Kashi Go Lean it is filling and has 13 grams of protein
  • Jb8885
    Jb8885 Posts: 126
    Options
    I'm usually STARVING after I work out so I want something very filling. I eat (steel cut) oatmeal with strawberries, blueberries or half banana and a small protein shake with skim milk and half scoop protein powder