Another Bad day ...

Options
These are becomign the norm as oppse to the exception -

I missed going to the gym yesterday - instead we went to opening day at the Baseball field - World Series champs played the home team ... i digress... but I feel like I'm robbing ME of ME .. I've been playing with the last 15 lbs of this stupid diet for tooo long. And ever day that I stay on the diet I feel more and more depressed. I noticed ice cream and carbs are calling to me but I'm holding strong - for now. I dont want to complete the food diary because really it only makes me feel bad - not because of what I'm eating but more because its not helping

Augh I need something to kick my *kitten* - the husband that once was my motivator doesnt understand the mental of all this... I know i'm capable of this but I feel like every day is a step towards failure - I dont know if this is a vent or if I needed to get this out on paper to get my $h!t together --

Grumble....

Replies

• BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I dont want to complete the food diary because really it only makes me feel bad -

it might make you feel bad but probably will be a good eye opener for you and the motivation you need to start again tomorrow. We all have bad days =}
  • Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    join a challenge, set a treat up for when you've lost the last bit, you can do it!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Well hate to say it.. but only you can get your *kitten* together. It comes down to what do you really want and what are you willing to sacrifice. Because thre are sacrifices involved and as hard as they are, only you can determine if they are worth it to get to where you want to be. This is going to be the hardest think you ever do, and it lasts a lifetime cause you have to maintain it after but the rewards are amazing if you stick with it. If you go off track 100 times, get back on track 101. It doesn't matter how long it takes you, as long as you are always trying to move forward. Accept ups and downs and use "bad" days as a way of trying to learn something new about yourself.

This can be done, you're a good person despite a bad day, just do it for you! Good luck!
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up! Spending time with your family is important. Because you missed a day at the gym is ok....just go for a walk or work a little harder next time. You can do those last 15 pounds.....you know you can. Set up something special for yourself to give you more motivation....a day at a day spa for the works perhaps. And BTW, venting is ok....makes us all feel better.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Maintenance will often times be just as difficult for someone as the original loss. The key is balance. Balance that YOU can live with. I don't want to presume how you're feeling but if you're like me you're feeling rebellious. After I did the 6 months w/ the trainer I went through a similar mindset. I knew I would not be able to keep up with what they were having me do, but I knew I couldn't turn and go the other direction. In order to keep the weight off I needed to find a happy medium. I think this is why dieting has never worked for me in the past. Dieting is too far in one direction, it is not lifestyle changing it is simply temporary. What I did to help is to take a big step back and prioritize my goals, and I also don't start doing something I'm only going to do temporarily. There is no point for me to develop temorary habits. I hope you find your happy medium sweetness. ♥ Lots of love ♥
  • jamiefire7
    Options
    I've been playing with the last 15 lbs of this stupid diet for tooo long. And ever day that I stay on the diet I feel more and more depressed. I noticed ice cream and carbs are calling to me but I'm holding strong - for now. I dont want to complete the food diary because really it only makes me feel bad - not because of what I'm eating but more because its not helping

I also believe that maybe you should really try and look at this whole experience as a lifestyle change rather than a diet. If you are feeling depressed because you are "staying on a diet" I worry that you may get to your goal weight, get off the diet and regress. Ice cream and carbs will always call your name but until you get to your goal weight steer clear!! I truely believe that everything is ok in moderation. So if you feel like ice cream and you have been on track reward yourself with ONE SERVING or a frozen yogurt or skinny cow. Same with carbs. Just be honest and in control of your serving sizes.
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    First off, you should congratulate yourself for the work you've already done. 35lbs is no piece of cake! We all have bad days, so just take a break, put it out of your mind and just know within yourself that you will never quit this journey. Everybody needs a break once in a while, and this journey is not something that we're doing until we reach our goal weight. We're changing our lives so it's not a crime to spend time with the family and miss the gym one day...you can work out at home if you want to or just rest today and rock it out tomorrow! Hope you feel better.:flowerforyou: