"Clean Plate" Eater

Options
2»

Replies

• WorkingMomGetsFit
    WorkingMomGetsFit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. It was the way I was raised. We were told we couldn't leave the table until our plates were "clean". And waste food....forget about it! I too do not like left overs but thank goodness my hubby does! My biggest hurdle though is the buffett. Some of the best Chinese restaurants in our area are buffett style and I always feel I have to "get my money's worth". Glad to see I am not the only one with these issues!
  • Inkchick
    Inkchick Posts: 31
    Options
    I have struggled with this all my life. When I was 320 pounds and staring this process, I just had to tell myself that yes, it's wasteful if I throw it out, but it's going to kill me if I eat it. So now I throw it out if I don't want to keep it. Hard but realistic.

I do use an 8" dinner plate now and have for a few years, and even a baby fork to slow down my eating. That helped tremendously! If I go out to eat I ask for the smaller portion that many restaurants have now, split my meal with a friend if possible or I immediately ask for a to-go box and split my meal into that.

As for leftovers, if you don't like them, you just don't like them and that's okay. Don't save it if you really aren't going to eat it, that will just make you feel worse about tossing it out.