Zig Zagging Calories AND Eating Calories Burned?

Options
For the past few months, I have tried eating back some, if not all, of my burnt calories. I ended up gaining 5 lbs, so last week I started zig zagging my calories. I'm very confused about how many calories I should eat when I factor in eating the calories I burned. I just bought a HRM and it says I burn around 600-700 calories during my workout (I workout 6 times a week). How should I plan my calories zig zag around this? Or should I just forget about eating back burnt calories because it obviously didn't work for me before?

My first zig zag plan was 1500, 1200, 1600, 1300, 1200, 1700, 1300, (planned for 1.5 lb loss/week) and I would eat half of my burnt calories every day. Is this a good plan or should I just forget about eating back burnt calories and bump up my daily calorie intakes while still zig zagging?

I am just really confused :/ Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• klthomas59
    klthomas59 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I think it is worth a trial to see how your body does- everybody is different and not everybody needs to eat back all the exercise calories burned- you need to find what works for you. I do think confusing your body by alternating calories could give you a boost.
  • klthomas59
    klthomas59 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    you also really need to up the water intake yours is kinda low
  • mae3785
    mae3785 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've used this website before and it seems fairly accurate on cals to consume for weight loss. They also have a section where you can select to zig zag your calories. http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

As far as eating back your exercise cals go I can't provide much help. Personally I mainly only eat back my exercise cals on weekends when I know I'm more likely to "splurge"
  • mammachrissy3
    Options
    I only use exercise cals if I am still really hungry at the end of the night, I feel it defets the purpose of working out if you just consume those calories back in. :happy:
  • healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Just a suggestion but I see you dont have sodium in your diary as one of your options to track. Sodium has a lot to do with loosing. Try tracking your sodium and see what happens. I know from personal experience that sodium effects my weight from 3-6lbs.