Insanity/Running Hybrid?

Options
Hi everyone,

Has anyone ever done an Insanity/Running Hybrid? Is there even such a thing? I am on my last week of Insanity and would like to continue it. However, I also want to add some running now because I will be doing a 10K next month. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make the hybrid with running and Insanity? I would appreciate the help.

Replies

• rachyrach1234
    Options
    just curious how much weight did you lose with insanity?
  • wilmelenne
    wilmelenne Posts: 113
    Options

i second that?
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I did p90x/running for a while. I did the strength training in p90x and ran for the cardio....but never did it with insanity. insanity has more intnense cardio than p90x so I am not sure how you would do that, unless you just alternate them.

Good LUCk!
  • jrlitt76
    jrlitt76 Posts: 52
    Options
    I would like to know as well. as I run about 3-4 times a week but really want to do the insanity as well...
  • MSWDiet
    MSWDiet Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    WHEN I FINISHED INSANITY I STARETED ALTERNATING DAYS. RUN H210K M W F. DOO INSANITY T TH S. I'M NO DEDICATED RUNNER OR BEACH BODY FAN. I JUST NEED TO KEEP MY HEART RATE IN THE CARDIAC TRAINING ZONE FOR ABOUT AN HOUR THREE TO FIVE DAYS A WEEK.
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    Im doing Insanity in the mornings and a modified C25K in the evenings.... this better be worth it ;)
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Im doing Insanity in the mornings and a modified C25K in the evenings.... this better be worth it ;)

This is what I do too.
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options

I don't think I can do Insanity and C25K together because in the 2nd month my knees have been hurting so I want to give them a little break. But that's awesome that you're doing that!
  • pragya728
    Options

i second that?

I didn't lose any weight in the first month but I did lose 5 inches over all. The 2nd month, I haven't taken the inches yet but I have lost about 3 lbs. So for me, I didn't lose much weight but I feel so good about myself and I feel like I have gotten much stronger. And I can see the difference in my body even though the scale hasn't moved.
  • pragya728
    Options
    WHEN I FINISHED INSANITY I STARETED ALTERNATING DAYS. RUN H210K M W F. DOO INSANITY T TH S. I'M NO DEDICATED RUNNER OR BEACH BODY FAN. I JUST NEED TO KEEP MY HEART RATE IN THE CARDIAC TRAINING ZONE FOR ABOUT AN HOUR THREE TO FIVE DAYS A WEEK.

This sounds like a good idea...which Insanity workouts do you do?
  • MSWDiet
    MSWDiet Posts: 399 Member
    Options

This sounds like a good idea...which Insanity workouts do you do?

I JUST START FROM THE BEGINING AND GO THROGH IT ACCORDING TO THE CHART. I'M NOT AMBITIOUS ENOUGH TO PICK AND CHOOSE AND DESIGN MY OWN PROGRAM. ALSO, I REALLY HATE SOME OF THE WORK OUTS . IF I DON'T FOLLOW THE SCHEDULE MY PROGRAM WOULD BE VERY LOPSIDED.