Weighing Yourself

Options
Question. What is the reason for weighing yourself before breakfast in the morning? I usually weigh in around 6 pm daily, but I just saw the little posting on MFP.

Replies

• goddessofmath
    goddessofmath Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You tend to weigh the lowest in the morning before eating and after going to the bathroom. Just makes the number you see smaller. As long as you weigh the same time every day, you'll see your weight loss and be fine . :)
  • CandeesLand
    CandeesLand Posts: 200
    Options
    I do it then because the weight of my food and drink can vary from day to day, but right away in the morning after using the restroom but before eating gives you a blank slate.
  • crystal10584
    Options
    YEP... all your food has digested and you get rid of the excess fluids after going to the bathroom you weigh the least all day. If you weigh in the evening, it all depends on what you eat throughout the day and your numbers can really fluctuate.
  • bovbjerg
    bovbjerg Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I would think that being consistent in when you weigh-in is most important but typically first thing in the morning after your first bathroom break would be best. During the day depending on what you've eaten, water intake, etc. it could tip the scales.
  • chicnsweet83
    Options
    Weight can and can't reflect on what you've lost. Last year I lost 30lbs and now I can't seem to lose anymore, however the longer I work out the more my clothes are falling off me, so now it's just watching the inches melt off. I've given up on weight loss and looking at muscle mass and inches. But it is best to weigh yourself during the morning and about a week apart, especially during that time of the month up to 2 weeks before, your body starts to retain water, which can make it hard to see results, even during the morning. good luck!