IN NEED OF MOTIVATION.... HELP... WHAT MOTIVATES YOU TO NOT

Options
I am excited to be new on MFP... I have seen how this website has helped my sister lose so much weight. Now I am hoping it leads me in the right direction. Of course, This is my 100th diet but this time it feels different. I want my life back. I feel like I have lost mosts of my teen and twenties life and I want to enjoy my late twenties and beyond!!! There is so much stuff I have wanted to do and my weight does not allow it. I am in need of encouragement and support please add me Beautifulat28 . I have a twin sister, a great family and tons of friends that I want to be around for years to come!! PLEASE feel free to share some workout tips, healthy food advice is much needed, and how do u deal with cravinging sweets!

TELL ME WHAT MOTIVATES YOU TO NOT GIVE UP???

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Everytime I put on my clothing and notice things not uncomfortably tight and notice subtle changes in my body. That keeps me going every single day....
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    looking at my old pictures and seeing how far i've come. I also have post-it notes at my desk and on my fridge that have my goals written on them to keep me focused when i could make bad decisions.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Competition is my best motivator. I see others on here losing weight and if I am not keeping up then I get on a band wagon and do what I can to lose more. I am highly competitve and love what it can do for me. Right now I am on a Plateau and it is pissing me off. So I have changed things up for myself this week to hopefully get back in the race. Add me if you would like.
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    THE REST OF MY LIFE! That simple. I don't want this to be the rest of my life. Sore, tired, fat and lazy. I want to enjoy every day I get to live and that keeps me going!
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    To be able to play with my kids without getting out of breath 5 minutes later... Also to look better, feel better and LIVE better. I want to be around for my family for a LONG time and that really keeps me going... plus a saying... "Pain is temporary. Pride is FOREVER." It really keeps to motivated to keep moving and working out. :)
  • mountainwoman98
    mountainwoman98 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your first step to becoming healthier! I refuse to call my healthy lifestyle change a diet and I stay motivated by thinking about all the things I love to do and the people I love to be with. I want to be healthy and have the energy and physique that allows me to really live life to the fullest. I don't allow myself to make excuses for why I can't live a healthier life. You can do this if you set goals and always work towards them. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • missfitp
    missfitp Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    What keeps me motivated for one is to see how different my clothes fit. Jeans that I couldn't wear before are now fitting me loose as well as blouses. When I get on the scale and see at least 1lb lost is also a big motivation.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I find that what motivates me the MOST is reminding myself how much better life can be the very next minute if I just stick to my goals. Letting myself treat my body poorly and not take care of it the way I should isn't an option anymore. I DESERVE to be fit, healthy, and most of all, happy. It's not just about hitting a certain weight or looking great in a bikini (although, those are great motivators in and of themselves!), but really it's about treating yourself well and treating yourself to the life that you want: one that is healthy and long. My husband and I want to start a family in the next couple of years, so one of my biggest motivations is the desire to look pregnant... when I'm ACTUALLY pregnant! Not because I have a belly! I also want to develop better habits that will keep me healthier when I'm pregnant and while I'm raising my children. I didn't learn the best habits growing up and I learned some awful ones during my late teens, especially from college. I want to give my kids the best start by not only making sure we eat healthy, but also by modeling a healthy lifestyle that incorporates regular exercise and healthy eating habits. I want my KIDS to reap the benefits of my lifestyle changes!
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    Not dying young. No one on my father's side has seen 65, that's terrifying to me. I want to see my grand kids!!
  • jaelwoman
    jaelwoman Posts: 81
    Options
    I'm pretty competitive too. I want to be a BIG loser too! I'm willing to do the work it takes to get there - this time....I friended you
  • 30tips
    30tips Posts: 132
    Options
    At first: hitting rock bottom motivated me.
    Second: I was motivated to keep my public commitment, to write a tip each day and have to say whether I was sticking to my commitment or straying from it. I was determined to keep writing and stick to the diet, and have no "special" days (because special days get out of hand and before you know it, every outing is special and you never lose weight)
    Third: I motivated myself with short goals, that I associated with certain good memories
    Fourth: Once you start meeting your goals, you can remember them with satisfaction, and once people notice you lose weight, you can keep a record of them (I've had four people verbally mention that they noticed, so far)
    Fifth: When I´m in the car, I imagine myself dancing when I hear music I like, and I definitely imagine myself lightweight! (I did this from the beginning) It´s like a celebration you can have virtually anytime!
  • AmysGetFitJourney
    AmysGetFitJourney Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My motivation has become how I feel after a workout and also how my clothes start to get bigger and I start losing inches! At first the only motivation was the "before" pics I took and how disgusted I was with how much I"v let myself go!
  • mstaxmam
    mstaxmam Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Joined a popular gym chain that is only 20.00 per month. In fact in May I hear they are going to have a really big promotion like joining for a dollar.
    Anyhow, I got alot of people to sign up so that chances are I have plenty of opportunities to go with someone.
    Plus alot of motivation to surround me in this journey.
    As far as calorie watching goes..
    This site really teaches you to watch what you eat.
    And I find myself wheeling and dealing about how to get more out of my daily calorie intake and thus I skip the empty calorie foods now. Myfitnesspal has been making that fun!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I have been at my weight loss journey for 6 months now. Within that 6 months, I have lost 35 lbs, 3 sizes, and 14.5 inches (in the past 2 months). I didn't take my measurements from the beginning like I should have. My success is because of counting calories (logging everything), exercising daily, and drinking atleast 8 glasses of water a day. I don't have the money/time to join a gym, so I do workout dvds at home. Right now, I am doing the 30-day shred by Jillian Michaels, and I hightly recommend it to anyone. I am starting level 3 tonight. After I do 10 days of 30DS, level 3, I will be starting Turbojam by Chalene Johnson. Determination and will-power is a must. Remember, slow and steady is the way to go. As for as sweet cravings, it is ok to have them in moderation. I will have a 100 calorie pack or a Vitamuffin if I need chocolate. The scale will go up and down. Don't get discouraged when it does. I added you as a friend, I can encouraged you along the way.
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I get motivated by my kids, knowing that I'm doing everything I can to make sure they don't have to live like I had! I also like thinking about what my friends and family will say when they see me after having lost all of this weight (they live in another state)!