10lbs in 10 weeks!

Options
My husband and I decided to have a contest, who can lose 10lbs in 10 weeks. We are (I am) hoping this motivates both of us to eat better when at home and on the weekends. We are good about eating well at work (most of the time). He doesnt really need to lose weight in my opinion but he says he wants to get cut. The thing is we decided who ever wins the other person has to buy the prize but we havent figured out the prize. I am hoping that we both lose 10lbs and can enjoy a spa day together or something. Any ideas? We just started yesterday and weighed ourselves. I did terrible yesterday, but today Ive done well.

10 weeks will be perfect timing for our daugthers 1st birthday and our vacation

Beating my husband alone gives me some good motivation. WINNING

Replies

• savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Haha! What a great idea! :)
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    A spa day sounds fabulous!
    How about a prize that you get to spend a certain amount of money & you have to spend it WITH your spouse, but the winner gets to choose what you do????
    I would make mu husband see a chick flick, eat at MY favorite restuarant (or pick a fancy one), and take me dancing! :)
  • britia1
    britia1 Posts: 21
    Options
    If you both do it you'll be Bi-WINNING! lol!
  • nomoremuffintopness
    nomoremuffintopness Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    If you both do it you'll be Bi-WINNING! lol!

Yes love it
  • 2011_4mygirls
    2011_4mygirls Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    That sounds great - I know you can do it!!!!
  • nomoremuffintopness
    nomoremuffintopness Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I like that idea!

If we both win, we'll probably go get a couples massage. I dont know what Ill want to do if I win. I told him your idea and he said "oh great" lol
  • evanryn
    evanryn Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea! I'm trying to get my husband to do more with me and girls. He's doing it his way though; we went to driving range the other day. I'm not much for golf, but the girls enjoyed it and he loved showing the girls how to hold the club and proper stance. It was fun, but not exactly heart pumping. Maybe next time we'll do something a little more active at his suggestion :)