Jillian Michaels: Can We Really Have It All?

Options
Jillian Michaels: Can We Really Have It All?
By Jillian Michaels, author of the new self-help book, Unlimited: How to Build an Exceptional Life

. Get StartedThat’s the question isn’t it? Is the American dream dead? Is it possible to have unlimited health, wealth, and happiness or is that just a crock? Is suffering the nature of the human condition? Are the “masses of men” truly destined to lead lives of quiet desperation, as Henry David Thoreau wrote in Walden (1854)?

The answer is yes AND no. It’s a choice. No matter who you are or where you come from, your life will take on the direction you choose for it. There are people in this world who have it all. The only difference between the “haves” and the “have nots” is that the haves know that life isn’t meant to suck.

With this knowledge they set out to hone a proactive attitude and acquire the innovative skills of super achievers. Neither is impossible to acquire. So, the question then becomes: WHY have so many settled for so little? And which category do you currently fall into?

Do you feel stuck? Unhappy? Unfulfilled? Do you wake up in the morning wondering is this really all there is? Are you a walking target for anti-depressant advertisements? Are you in a job you hate? A relationship that makes you miserable? A body that is neglected and unhealthy — and so on?

If so, you better pay attention because our time here is short and precious. How many days are you going to waste asleep at the wheel?

Every human being has the capacity to transform suffering or weakness into peace, power, strength, health and abundance. There is no authentic goal you can set for yourself that can’t be reached; no dream that can’t be realized.

We are here to cultivate our passion, fulfill our dreams, thrive and take this exquisite experience called life to its apex. The human condition isn’t suffering; it’s achieving and being all that we can be. Sure, suffering is a part of life, but it’s not all there is. Its counterpart is joy!

You can continue to go through your life zombified or you can make a different choice today. Choose to start listening to your emotions, and trusting your gut. Start formulating your reasons to live. And I don’t mean breathing, eating, and sleeping. When I say live, I mean flourish!

Keep the faith — in yourself and in your destiny. Although people may try to shake you, be strong. We have the right to our wants and desires no matter what various religions, friends, family, neighbors, co-workers and so on have to say. Don’t cave, instead lead by example. People can be slow to change, but they will likely follow your example eventually. Even if they don’t, do not compromise your happiness because of others' lack of insight. You owe it to yourself and to the universe to max out your potential. It’s your one true obligation.

New York Times bestselling-author Jillian Michaels’ new self-help book, Unlimited: How to Build an Exceptional Life (Crown Archetype) is currently available in stores or from your favorite online retailer. Michaels is the creator of www.JillianMichaels.com, an online diet, fitness, and wellness program. Subscribe to her free newsletter for more motivation, advice and tips. Follow her on Facebook and Twitter.

Last Updated: 04/05/2011

Replies

• dcdc13
    dcdc13 Posts: 86
    Options
    Im totally buying this. Thanks for posting!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I've started to pack Jillian's power yoga DVD on all of my business trips. I was not that much into her before that. I must say...that DVD has been the perfect hotel room workout when the hotel gym is too yucky to use!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    You know, people can knock her all they want. I think she's great!