always had a weight problem

Options
Hi, my name is Stacey. I am 34 years old and a single mother to a great little 5 year old little boy. I have always had a weight problem, even as a child. I was the baby of five children, with the next one up being 12 years older, so I was quite spoiled. My parents pretty much let me eat whatever I wanted and do whatever I wanted. Though I had many friends throughout school, I was picked on and was very self-conscience about my looks. I always hovered between 160 and 180, being only 5'4" that was quite a bit. After high school my boyfriend dumped me and that was the first time I lost a significant amount of weight. I dropped down to 140lbs. I did that by going to clubs on the weekends and dancing all night long, lol. Then I got married and gained it all back and then some, i ballooned to 200 lbs. One day my mother remarked on how big I was and she helped me out by buying me a membership at Golds Gym. I went for a while but lost interest. Then a few years later after my father had passed away and my marriage was going downhill I decided I needed to get my butt in gear, so I hit the gym again and got down to around 150lbs. I then met my next husband and got pregnant. I gained 60 lbs with the pregnancy, bringing me up to 210 lbs, but I quickly lost most of it from nursing bringing me down to about 165. After my second marriage dissolved and I started dating the MOST wonderful man in the world, he made me really want to start changing my life for the better, so I quit smoking and you know what happened next!!! I gained 20 lbs. Well it's been 2 years since I gained that weight and I am finally committed to taking it off for good! My boyfriend is very supportive and we have both started eating better. So far I have lost almost 15lbs and a main part of that is because I have become addicted to Zumba, lol. I also walk twice a day and do other various workouts when I don't have Zumba like Tae-Bo, Active2 for wii, and other workout dvd's. I want to be able to enjoy the awesome life that I have now with the love of my life and my son and I want to be healthy doing it. I look forward to interacting with everybody on here.

Replies

• 57gemini
    57gemini Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I want to try Zumba, I hear it's great. Keep it up. :smile:
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the program. Best free program out there. I love the app for my phone as well!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Tried Zumba for the first time this week. I'm adding it to my weekly routine!!
  • sinceresmile
    Options
    Zumba is GREAT! It's a great way to work out... and it doesn't even feel like you're actually working because you're having so much fun. I have also had issues controlling my weight. This January, I was the heaviest I've ever been which was 206. As of today, I am 187.8 and I can't remember the last time I was in the 180s. Keep it up and don't give up! It's going to be hard... but in the long run, it will be worth it.
  • Ash32b
    Ash32b Posts: 9
    Options
    I love Zumba!! Have you tried the Zumba game for the Wii??
  • tuscaroragal
    tuscaroragal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow...I can completely relate to the up and down of the weight that goes along with the relationships! LOL I've battled for a long time with gaining and losing weight. I'm determined this time that I am going to lose it for good and not gain it back! I hear zumba is awesome..I haven't tried it myself, but I have a routine that works for me. I've lost 18 pounds so far, and I'm not sure what I'm capable of! We'll see! Good luck to you and welcome to myfitnesspal! :) Keep up the good work....
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the most awesome place for support, motivation and friends that have the same issues on an everday basis as you! If you would like to friend me I will be glad to back and support you in anyway that I can! Best wishes on your new journey!!!
  • mustangurl
    mustangurl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody! It does make it much easier when you have a support group ;) I wish everyone on here the best of luck. As for Zumba, those of you who haven't tried it, you should at least once especially if you LOVE to dance like I do!!!! I have an awesome instructor who is quickly becoming a friend. We actually just started a weight loss challenge last night so that is going to make it even more fun!!!!