3 mos & 22 lbs down

Options
First and foremost, I can't believe I'm really doing this! Actually losing weight. Posting in the success stories (which I wasn't going to do, but a wise person told me that even if it inspires one person, it's worth it.) I'm so excited to be DOING it, and no longer just TALKING about doing it.

I started around the 1st of the year, but I didn't make it a "resolution". I just made the decision to take this year and make it about me. I'm focused, man! And the difference between this time and all the rest of the times is that I know it's a lifestyle change. Cliche, yeah, but totally true. If there's something I'm craving, I eat it. It's a balance. I'm not expecting the weight to fly off and I'm good with it not doing that, because this will be my forever.

It's been a process. First I re-joined my gym. Then re-joined MFP and acutally started using it for the support, not just the food diary. Then came portion control and cutting fast food. Then actually planning for the upcoming week, which is HUGE for me. Grocery shopping and preparing meals on the weekend. My priorities in the morning are my lunch bag and my gym bag. No exceptions. Can't say enough about the old "Be Prepared" motto! I also made a spreadsheet to keep track of my weightloss and designated goals and rewards to stay motivated. I'm kind of a geek like that, whatevs! I bought a Polar FT7 HRM that also works wonders in the motivation department (and I got it almost brand new off CL for $50, no less! You don't have to spend a lot if you keep your eye out for sweet deals!) Everything I do now is related in some fashion to my new life.

Speaking of which, in 10 days I'll be participating in the Portland shadow Arizona State University Alumni Pat Tillman Run. 4.2 miles. It'll be a run/walk for me since I haven't technically been 'training' to run the whole thing. But I can't wait to cross that finish line! I'm so excited for this.

Lastly, I just want to say that I love my mfp friends. You inspire me every day and I promise to always do my best to do the same for you. Every single person on my friends list busts their a** EVERY DAY, and you are amazing. Thank you!!!! :drinker:

BeforeAndDuring3-1.jpg

Replies

• polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Your a good friend and doing awesome! Keep up the hard work very inspiring!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Your post is amazing! It really made me smile this afternoon when I'm having one of those 'down on myself' kind of days!
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    You look amazing WW! I am so very proud of you and your work. It is really showing.
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    awesome!! your doing great keep it up!!
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and your hard work is paying off! xoxo
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    great post and nice work!

have fun in the Pat Tilman run!
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep it up!!
    I love success stories!!!
    :heart: :blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • eliana51
    eliana51 Posts: 7
    Options
    You look great!!!! go ahead!!
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    First of all you deserve a cheer ...so here it goes ...<(^.^)>

<(^.^<) ^(^.^)^ (>^.^)>
    Go Dottie!!!
    You're doing great...Dottie hottie...& I'm proud of you & glad to have you as a MFpeep...because you're also a great motivator ....keep kicking *kitten*...can't wait to see your results in the next 3 months to come
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Wow that's awesome! Keep up the hard work!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    Love it! So happy & and proud for your sweet success!

((BIGHUGS))
    DR Dave
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    We are so proud of you!!! Thanks for your support and you look awesome !!!!!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Look at you, shrinking away! Great work!
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Excellent post! You are walking the walk!
  • SSampley
    SSampley Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am glad you posted! It does inspire me to read about and see change! You can totally see a difference with your loss of 22lbs I sometimes look at myself but dont see the loss..(probably cause I see myself every day! HA) but it is so awesome to see it on other people and it helps me stay motivated! THANK YOU!!
  • pammilou
    pammilou Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    *Happy Dance* Yeah!! Congratulations and thank you for sharing!!

Pam
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Wow -- it's amazing what losing 22 lbs can do. Congratulations on your weight loss thus far. I wish you continued luck in your weight loss/fitness journey. Good luck in the walk/run. BTW -- what is CL (where you bought your HRM)? Keep up the amazing work and motivation.

Lynn
  • LadyT02182011
    Options
    You've done an awesome job Dot! Keep it up!
  • TonyaJ83
    TonyaJ83 Posts: 155
    Options
    This is very inspiring! So glad you shared this! I don't even know you, but feel VERY proud of you! =)
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thanks, you guys!!

@lbirch01, Craigslist :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!