Healthy Jimmy Johns Lunch

Options
pkpzp228
pkpzp228 Posts: 146 Member
For those of you that have Jimmy Johns in your area

I just found that you can order any sub or sandwich from the menu as lettuce wrap instead of the bread.

796 cals for a normal billy club.

Swap the bread for lettuce and ditch the mayo = 266 cals, totally reasonable meal.

Replies

• shamekaq4
    shamekaq4 Posts: 24
    Options
    Thanks, I have one very close to me. :bigsmile:
  • thechurchlady
    Options
    me too! thanks!
  • jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    But the bread is what tastes so goooood (and filling)!!! A Turkey Tom subbing avocado spread for mayo is 335 calories - with bread. :)
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I think it's called "unwich"!
    For sure going to try :):)
    Thankssss
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    But the bread is what tastes so goooood (and filling)!!! A Turkey Tom subbing avocado spread for mayo is 335 calories - with bread. :)

The bread is what it's all about! but an un-wich would be good too.
  • kelfelbel
    Options
    I get one of these probably once a week. Skip the cheese and you save yourself another 100 calories! I seriously don't even notice the cheese is missing :) Bulk it up with some sprouts, nix the mayo, maybe add a little dijon. Yum! Mine are always right around 200 calories.
  • alaskabrat
    alaskabrat Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If I knew what a Jimmy Johns was or if we had one, I'd be very grateful for the tips! LOL
  • lormsbee
    lormsbee Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for this post. I have passed by one that opened a few months ago by my work. I just thought it had hamburgers. Will have to try it soon
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    If you can't ditch the bread, do buy the slims! The cheaper sandwiches on the left side of the menu. They take the bread out of the center for those.
  • jessicamichalski
    Options
    I love the turkey tom with the bread out (less calories) with the "skinny chips" :) ammazing! BUT I will have to admit, I am kind of curious about the avacado spread..hmm

and edit*** I skip honestly everything on the sandwich except turkey, and add my skinny chips for crunch :)
  • mrsbrown2k1
    mrsbrown2k1 Posts: 139
    Options
    I had one of those unsandwiches at Jimmy Johns a few months back. I was less then impressed. It was all lettuce more or less. I would have enjoyed a salad much better then a pretend lettuce sandwich. The idea sounds great but buyer beware! I left hungry and then had to hit the grocery store for fruit before returning to work JMHO. Hope others have a better experience.
  • ♥AngelKisses♥
    Options
    On wednesdays if I kick butt at the gym I go with the beach club on the DELICIOUS bread. On days I slack alittle (yeah it happens more then I like to admit) I go with the Unwich Beach Club. Both are delicious but the bread ..... Mmmmm Mmmmm GOOD!
  • ♥AngelKisses♥
    Options
    I love the turkey tom with the bread out (less calories) with the "skinny chips" :) ammazing! BUT I will have to admit, I am kind of curious about the avacado spread..hmm

and edit*** I skip honestly everything on the sandwich except turkey, and add my skinny chips for crunch :)

I had the Turkey Tom on my first visit (cause turkey is always my safe choice hehe) and the next time I went I tried to Beach Club and now that is ALL I get....YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I *heart* Jimmy John's! I don't know if I could skip the bread, that is the best part haha. But good to have the option!
  • bamagirl2020
    Options

This just made my day SO much better! I love Jimmy Johns and just can't bring myself to giving up the bread. Now I don't have to :)
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    Their mayo is a HUGE no no forsure. I ditch the mayo on my beach club, and I save like 200 cals, and like 20 fat grams!
  • candy_grl
    candy_grl Posts: 17
    Options
    I love jimmy johns.. I always get the unwich & I hate mayo, so that takes off like 700 calories..