Only 1 1/2weeks in

Options
Sigra
Sigra Posts: 374 Member
And I'm already craving to go out! - I've only dropped 2lbs, and trust me when I say the Tex Mex across from my work sounds so much more appetizing than the food in my lunch box.

It also seems worth eating, right now I just don't care if I gain back those 2lbs I lost. - Thankfully I'm here, not there and have almost an hour left on my lunch

STOP ME FROM EATING THAT DELICIOUS FOOD!

Replies

• craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I am 1 1/2 weeks in also, and started portioning out my food so I don't mindlessly eat. In my eyes, I don't consider any food "off limits". Last night I had 2 slices of pizza! Sometimes I do the 4-bite rule, 4 bites of what you are craving seems to alleviate the craving and satisfy you. You can look at my food diary to see I am not good all the time.
  • jeaniedev
    jeaniedev Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!! be strong....think I am about 5 weeks in and my eating is a part of my life now...it has just become routine...
    YOU CAN DO IT....you don't want that 2lbs back..
    :smooched:
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    LOL ... don't say NEVER to the TexMex across the street ... just say "not today". I allow myself to eat things I like just in moderation and NOT every day. I couldn't do this if I could never have yummy food.
  • melissamauney
    Options
    STOP!!! Ask yourself which is better the 15 min. of eat the greasy, carb filled fatty food that you know you will fille guilty abougt eating and beat yourself up for days over it. Or the 3 lbs. closer to your goal weight that you have lost.
  • coog81855
    coog81855 Posts: 35
    Options
    Hang in there girl!!! You can do this.....Drink some water, brush your teeth, have a piece of fruit! Think of how powerful you are!!!!
    It's not easy, no one has said it would be, we just have to take one day at a time and eat as healthy as we can. I know that you can do this. I believe in you, we believe in you and your ability and power to take control of your life!!!
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Get your mind right...You have to get focused! Changing to a healthy lifestyle takes time, effort, willpower and determination. Baby steps, one day at a time. You will get there, but you need to be focused. Good luck to you.
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    @janalayn: That's a very good point, so far I've said no to anything not inside of my house that was healthy. Maybe I should make monthly "me" lunches where I allow myself to go out, and get something small!

I also love craftylatvian's 4-bite rule!
  • heathershockley
    Options
    Once you get into the routine of eating healthier you will not crave those foods all the time. Totally denying yourself can make it A LOT worse though. Having a small amount to satisfy you in these early phases are the way to go. Also keeping healthy options close at hand can give you something else to eat instead. It's REALLY hard those first few weeks, and all of us have something not so amazing occasionally. Keep going! You've done so much to lose 2 lbs already, it takes 1 day to gain that back. Keep up the awesome work!