Fitting Exercise In With Family & 12 hour Shifts (HELP!)

Options
I recently started working 12 hour shifts again and thats when istarted to gain back a majority of weight, i have put on about 20lbs in the past six months since i started working those dreaded 12 hour shifts again!!!! Does anyone have any tips on how they fit their workouts in??? with such long hours! I feel guilty when i get off work and don't spend time with my family, and i say going to work out, after not being home all day! Please Help Any Advice or Tips on Balancing Family, Work, And Fitness Would Be greatly Apppreciated!

Replies

• MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I had a really hard time fitting in exercise when I was working crazy shifts. It also made me eat crappier.

Sorry I don't have advice, but I've been there. Maybe others will have some good ideas.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is 80-90% diet and only 10-20% exercise. I would place your focus more on caloric intake, being that exercise is difficult to fit in.
  • melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I hope to see the replies also. My husband just started working 12 hours shifts and has a 2 hour drive on top of that. No time what so ever. :( Wish I could help.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I would really look at your diet. That's the one thing you definitely can do and control without taking time away from your family. If you are working 12s, I assume you only work these shifts 3-4 days? If so, you can add your exercise during your days off....or do some exercises when thew kids have gone to bed OR even include them in the exercise. My boys challenge me on jumping jacks, hula hooping, and jump ropes.

Hope this helps and good luck to you.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    They have these wonderful things called Weight vests or weight belts...

You add in as much weight into the pockets as you would like and then you wear them around all day. Or for how ever long you wish to do so.

They trick your body into thinking it is heavier... As long as you don't eat like you weight that much heavier, they are a great tool. They also help to build your muscles because you are constantly using your muscles to hold up the extra weight...

You can buy them on amazon.
  • Jessi2611
    Jessi2611 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everybody! I will find balance, just don't know how yet, i am doing way better with my calories since starting with this site, and fitting a work out in here and there! Tomorrow is 1 week and i'm loving this program =) Everyone is very supportive and helpful! Thanks Again!