Options
runto130
runto130 Posts: 18 Member
Hello... I am new to mfp. Actually this is my 3rd shot at it. I signed up two other times, but lost my sign in info and couldn't remember it. Twice. :frown: I know, I know, excusses. But, at least I admit it. I signed up for a half marathon that is at the end of August. I have given myself the motivation I need to keep it up.Third time is the charm...I have always wanted to do one, and now I have finally gotten up enough nerve to do it. I have already registered and paid for it too, that way I can't back out. Cause I would do that if I hadn't already paid for it. Not for the lack of energy, I would just talk myself right out of doing it....So, mfp had been really great for helping me with the accountability before, so lets hope that it will help again. It will also help me to keep my diet clean for the training that I will be doing. Any one else out there getting ready to do something like this? Could use some friends...! Any whoooo. I am doing running of course for workouts. Also my stationary bike to help with my leg turnover, and P90X for cross training and ab work. This is how I hope to reach my goal of 130....

Replies

• elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome back...third time lucky!

I think there are lots of runners on here so you shouldn't have much trouble finding some. I've only just started jogging and am thinking about signing up for a 5k fun run....

You are right - MFP def helps with accountability and also encouragement in a big way.

You sound very motivated...you'll do it this time for sure!

You are welcome to add me as a friend if you like....:smile: