Well, Hello There

Options
So I am new to MFP, but not new to the struggle of losing weight. Since 2008, I have taken an active role in attempting to lose weight and maintaining a healthy weight. As of late I have been struggling seriously to the point of having gained 20 lbs since September of last year, when I was 14 lbs from goal weight. (Cue violins)

As of this week, I have l lost 3 lbs but I struggle with this fiendish addiction to 2 things - Frosted Flakes cereal and Chick Fil A. Right now, I am sitting at my desk at work and contemplating which one I will eat. I worked out yesterday but won't have time to get in a major cardio workout today. I need some help and motivation to work out and not give in to my crazy desires.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    My best suggestion to you is accountabilty. Get active on this site, make friends, post your food journal and excersice log and when you feel you need Chick fil a, let us know so we can talk you down off the ledge.

There are a lot of supportive and inspirational people here. Get additived to talking and sharing with us rather than eating the cereal.

If you can kick the cereal and Chicka, eventually it gets easier. There is a lot of healthy delicious foods out there and this site will help you find them. check out the recipes and ideas others have posted.
  • oreyna49
    oreyna49 Posts: 152
    Options
    #1...Don't buy Frosted Flakes, #2... Chick Fil A is pretty good. Have any sandwich and just swap the fries for a side salad and swap the soft drink for an unsweet ice tea or diet lemonade. Drink lost of water thru the day...and keep some protein bars or almonds at your desk to snack on.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Allow yourself one of the things you want--But, ONLY after you take at least a 10 minute Brisk walk. At the end of the BRISK walk if you still want the treat at least you have burned off some of the calories. But most of the time, after I walk or go to the gym, I make better choices.
    :heart: Good Luck!!