Finding it tough?

Options
Just thought I would post my views on this whole MFP thing, just in case it inspires, helps or who knows maybe put off someone.

I am not going to lie, at first this was probably the hardest thing I had ever done. The biggest bind was checking each and every item I was purchasing to see what the nutritional values were.

I couldn't believe how many calories were in pizza, chocolate cake etc etc, suddenly everything was put into perspective. At first I started eating as I would normally but then mid way through the day I would find I would reach my goals and then I would starve myself for the rest of the day - I know not a great idea and many doctors etc would disagree with this, but its what happened.

Anyway, after finding my feet, substituting celeriac for potato and meat free mince for normal mince, I managed to figure out 3 meals a day which would keep me within my goal boundaries. (weetabix breakfast, soup lunch, varied dinner) but making sure dinner left me with enough calories for the tough times later in the night where I got hungry.

(side note, cottage cheese has few calories and spread on Rivita fills you up a treat)

It did take about a month to get used to this routine, to which I stopped feeling hungry, and now I very rarely feel hungry at all.

Now after a few months my routine relies on me "saving" calories day by day, then once a week I go out on a bender (about 7-8 pints of beer)

MFP worked for me, not sure if it will work for everyone, but if you give it a fair chance and stick with it, you too will benefit.

Replies

• DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! I know we all do it different but we are all in the same boat. I've been know to save my cals for beer too!:drinker:
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    My passion is bbq potato chips & oreos. I just eat Kettle cooked & reduced fat oreos & keep it to a minimum, some days its hard.
  • MzStephanieO
    Options
    this is the problem for me, I exercise everyday but my eating habits are terrible. I have to find common ground... thanks for the post!